Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Got my Star Super B... Pictures up...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    After a thorough inspection, mine have no rust whatsoever, in guess some could have been exposed to humidity, mine was in a dry place for sure... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    Does anybody happen to have a full disassembly guide?

There are lots online for the Star, but very few for the Super Star

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post

I downloaded a bunch of them, and sifted through them. I could not find a complete English version for the Star Model B Super which had good disassembly instructions, BUT, look (google) for the manual for the Super-Star 9mm Largo caliber model, and you will see, all it's controls, levers, etc., particularly the right side take-down lever, is virtually identical to the Model B Super in 9mm Luger (which is our model).
    It IS in Spanish, but the diagrams are very good in it, and if you can get a translation, that's just gravy. I found the diagrams alone were adequate. It's 44 pgs long, more than some of the other manuals.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.9mmlargo.com/star_spr/star_super.pdf

here's another one (has some English but a lot shorter):
    http://9mmlargo.com/star_spr/spr_dis_eng.pdf

and just for general info:
    http://9mmlargo.com/star_spr/index.htm

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post

The Star Super B is very easy to disassemble. Just turn the take down lever on the right side of the frame fully up and then pull the slide forward. Then you can remove a barrel and recoil spring from the slide. And then just turn the front bushing to the left and remove it. That's it. It is one of the easiest pistols for disassembly. May be the Glock is slightly easier to disassemble or may be not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    The Star Super B is very easy to disassemble. Just turn the take down lever on the right side of the frame fully up and then pull the slide forward. Then you can remove a barrel and recoil spring from the slide. And then just turn the front bushing to the left and remove it. That's it. It is one of the easiest pistols for disassembly. May be the Glock is slightly easier to disassemble or may be not.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think he's more looking for a full disassembly guide instead of a field strip guide...

Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think he's more looking for a full disassembly guide instead of a field strip guide...
    If he is, indeed, looking for a full disassembly guide which includes a disassembly of the trigger group and other staff inside the frame, then I wouldn’t do that if I were him. I’m pretty well familiarized with that pistol since I’ve been shooting it for around 5 months. On top of it, I purchased a full set of spare parts from Marstar Canada at the same time when I purchased my Star Super B. There is tons of VERY small pins and springs in those mechanisms which can be easily lost in a very short moment during full disassembly especially for the trigger group. Personally, I’d make a trip to a gunsmith.
    Anyway, I don’t quite understand why he would look for a full disassembly. As long as a pistol works flawlessly this is not required at all. A routine cleaning can be done after a field strip. Nothing else is required.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    If he is, indeed, looking for a full disassembly guide which includes a disassembly of the trigger group and other staff inside the frame, then I wouldn’t do that if I were him. I’m pretty well familiarized with that pistol since I’ve been shooting it for around 5 months. On top of it, I purchased a full set of spare parts from Marstar Canada at the same time when I purchased my Star Super B. There is tons of VERY small pins and springs in those mechanisms which can be easily lost in a very short moment during full disassembly especially for the trigger group. Personally, I’d make a trip to a gunsmith.
    Anyway, I don’t quite understand why he would look for a full disassembly. As long as a pistol works flawlessly this is not required at all. A routine cleaning can be done after a field strip. Nothing else is required.
    Maybe because it is more than 40 years old.
    Or maybe its to do a trigger job...

There is a good video of a complete disassembly on Youtube but its for the Star model B, not for the Super model.

It doesn't look to have more pieces than my CZ 75.

https://youtu.be/WOvwQraNZtc
    Last edited by ben777lemay; 06-29-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Anyone have any leads on extra mags for these? Would like one, but two mags isn't ideal...

Triple K in the US makes replica mags. If you can't find the Triple K mags up here, you can order directly from them (from my understanding, they have no problems shipping to Canada).

https://www.triplek.com/product/star-model-super-b-9mm-9-rd-magazine-or-grips/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    Ben is right. I am looking for a complete disassembly.

Anyways - normally I can figure out how to disassemble it, but I always like to have a guide as a reference when I have never worked with that model before, such as the star. It is a new platform to me.

I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks guys