Glock 22 9mm Conversion Barrel?

AtomLew

Regular
Do you know when Storm Lake Glock 22 9mm Conversion Stainless Steel Barrel will available again?
Thanks,

Do you know when Storm Lake Glock 22 9mm Conversion Stainless Steel Barrel will available again?
Thanks,

Hi there. Did you ever get one of these conversions? If so, what gen of glock do you have and was it a drop in or did it need fitting? Also did your point of impact change? I just ordered one and now I've done some reading that's making me nervous. I'm running a gen 4. Thanks for your time.

Hi there. Did you ever get one of these conversions? If so, what gen of glock do you have and was it a drop in or did it need fitting? Also did your point of impact change? I just ordered one and now I've done some reading that's making me nervous. I'm running a gen 4. Thanks for your time.

I have a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for my Gen3 G22. Simple drop in and shoot. Didn’t even change the recoil spring. Shoots to point of aim also. I did a side by side when I first got it. Now I don’t even shoot the .40.

I bought a Gen 4 regular G17 barrel off the EE for a good deal, bcuz after researching, found out it 'should' drop right in..& it did! It dropped right into my GEN 3 G22- yes 100% no issues, people will argue that it is too Sloppy' of a fit, or there will be too much of a Gap etc. but it works 100% just fine & seems' has less play in the slide/barrel then my Browning 9mm! & is just as accurate. Quote from a forum thread I was reading on the topic: "the difference is .0200 of an inch but if you watch the video the "sloop or play" doesn't kill the accuracy too much." The point of impact does change some, I do this as I don't shot a ton of rounds through it anyway. If I was shooting 1000's of rounds monthly, I would just get the conversion barrel. j.i.c

Last edited:
I have owned both storm lake and lone wolf g22 conversion barrels...they were both drop in...no issues at all.

I hardly ever shoot .40 anymore...and i haven't noticed really much difference in accuracy, keep a touch of oil on contact points when its new...and run a couple hundred thru it....then it will function flawless

love the fact that the 9mm and 40 mags are exactly same fit and function...

But its also a good idea to install a 9mm extractor on your 40.....the 9mm will reliably extract both calibers...but the 40 i have heard can fail (once in a blue moon) on 9mm

just my experience :)

I have a brand new 9mm barrel for glock for sale on ee, I switched to a threaded barrel in my g17 so I put the original glock barrel for sale. Drop it into ur 40 and now you got a 9mm!

I have been running drop-in 9mm conversion barrel in my G22 and MP40. one from storm lake, one from lonewolf. both ran perfectly. no any difference compared to how 40S&W worked.
I also have p226 with both 40 & 9mm slide & barrel kit, also m&p core 9 pro slide&barrel kit. all flawless. I like 40/9 co-exist on the same frame. no problem whatsoever. my poor man's IPSC open gun is a M&P40 frame with the core 9mm pro top, shooting minor. with apex trigger, very accurate and fast, faster than me.

Thanks,

I have a brand new 9mm barrel for glock for sale on ee, I switched to a threaded barrel in my g17 so I put the original glock barrel for sale. Drop it into ur 40 and now you got a 9mm!

won't work...... barrel OD thickness is larger on a 40 slide than a 9mm....the conversion barrel is designed to be the thickness of a 40 barrel, with a 9mm bore....so thats why it works in a g22.....

at very least barrel movement would put accuracy all over the map..........at worst...could be unsafe to drop a g17 barrel into a g22 slide ...

just my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom