Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 22 9mm Conversion Barrel?

My Storm Lake barrel has arrived in my town so I should have it today. I will proabably test it tomorrow and let everyone know how it's working.

It seems to be a drop in installation although no live/dummy rounds through it yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    won't work...... barrel OD thickness is larger on a 40 slide than a 9mm....the conversion barrel is designed to be the thickness of a 40 barrel, with a 9mm bore....so thats why it works in a g22.....

at very least barrel movement would put accuracy all over the map..........at worst...could be unsafe to drop a g17 barrel into a g22 slide ...

just my 2 cents...
    I do it all the time, see my post above- there are many, many Forums discussing this, on many sites, & a few youtube video's of people doing this exact thing, putting a G17 Factory barrel in their G22- with no issue, POI does change ever so slightly, for range/target shooting, works great. Even on one forum about this topic, a Firearm instructors Son got his Black Badge doing this exact thing {G17 barrel in a G22}with allot of rounds through it in that one day. ..it's only 200th of an inch difference, some of my Factory slides/barrels seem to have about this. Do some research, or let me know where you found viable info that it "Won't work" really? or it is 'Dangerous" or accuracy is all over the map-I would like to read up on this info plz. Thnx.. bcuz none of those things is in my experience of several hundred+ rounds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123