Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any word on the GSG mp40 coming into canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Lol!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I had heard a while ago about GSG releasing a 9mm version of the MP40 as well and hope that someday we can have it here. I have their STG 44 and would really like a MP40!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    Someone did an access to information for what was on the queue for 2014 and prior might shed some insight as to what is left to classify.

I had read it before and remember that the Type 81 and ARX-100/160/160-22 were on that list. I've submitted for a copy of that list "at the governments convenience".
    Arx160 is prohib. Lab says it is easily converted to full auto. The 224 version. Not the 22lr versions. 22lr is either R or NR on overall length.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Arx160 is prohib. Lab says it is easily converted to full auto. The 224 version. Not the 22lr versions. 22lr is either R or NR on overall length.
    I know but both were just recently classified which goes to say if they have some semblance of an ordered list the GSG MP40/22 should be somewhere near the top by now depending on when it was submitted. The 9mm version however is newer IIRC so its probably not on that old list.

I tend to lean more toward the 22. version myself because of the swag folding stock it comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    I know but both were just recently classified which goes to say if they have some semblance of an ordered list the GSG MP40/22 should be somewhere near the top by now depending on when it was submitted. The 9mm version however is newer IIRC so its probably not on that old list.
    It isn't one after the other. Examinations happen over time with research moving from one gun to another and back anf forth. The lab may ask for additional info from a dealer, importer or manufacturer and the put a gun on hold while waiting for a reply. While that gun is on hold, other guns are looked at. If they did them in order exclusively it would take even longer.

Just because two guns were submitted at the same time, doesn't mean they will get their classifications determined together or near the other.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    They are the most unscientific lab in the known universe.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    They are the most unscientific lab in the known universe.
    Science had no part in C68.

^ as a scientist it is my opinion that they devalue the word 'lab'. more like a day care for rcmp that are too 'slow' for the field

Wondering if anyone's heard any news on the GSG mp-40 22lr? I tried contacting blueline, the GSG dealer, but haven't had any response. I know this rifle was submitted around the same time as the STG44 22lr.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast