Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any word on the GSG mp40 coming into canada?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by domain007 View Post
    What was changed in the Canadian version? Can this actually happen?
    There are 4 reasons to prohibit something

1. Be a handgun that is too short (not a handgun)
    2. Be cut down (factory gun so not a problem)
    3. Be full auto or converted (might be problem)
    4. Named Variant (not a problem)

If the first version was rejected they most likely changed the internals to make it more difficult to make full auto, and if they are aiming for non-restricted .22LR then make the OAL 660 mm as the original is 640 mm.

The 9mm version will most likely be a Restricted rifle as I don't envy GSG in making a 18.6" rifle barrel.

Cool! 4 more years to go
    I need a PPSH.

Quote Originally Posted by domain007 View Post
    Cool! 4 more years to go
    no theyve been faster at classifying stuff, we have so many new non restricteds recently
    Everything i post, or ever posted, is for entertainment value. Draw your own conclusions, and always seek legal advice.

The one that got sent in was the longer barrel version with the fake suppressor barrel shroud. Internals were changed but not sure to what degree. The way they handle the classification process now seems a bit faster but I won't hold my breath for the RCMP.

delete
    Last edited by nickdobtrov; 11-19-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony9000 View Post
    no theyve been faster at classifying stuff, we have so many new non restricteds recently
    I always mention this when speaking to conspiracy fudds about how they "gon take er guns"

Why would they be approving more and more black rifles / semi's only to take them away in the future?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sargon's Avatar
    LOL! Like Clousseau solving a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    They are the most unscientific lab in the known universe.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GTPRpbyuYLA

Quote Originally Posted by FatMango View Post
    I always mention this when speaking to conspiracy fudds about how they "gon take er guns"

Why would they be approving more and more black rifles / semi's only to take them away in the future?
    exactly!
    Everything i post, or ever posted, is for entertainment value. Draw your own conclusions, and always seek legal advice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Well, they approve guns because the law allows it. Thry hinder and delay for years but have to do their job eventually. They then 'reclassify' to break our spirit to make us less likely to buy and hopefully get rid of what we have voluntarily. The 10/22 mag ban was a political decision. If they can sow uncertainty about such a common rifle then everything is fair game. That's not a 'conspiracy'. They are very alarmed that people still want to buy these guns and have turned to the media and government to 'do something'.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonso View Post
    Round 2 begins, a "Canadian" Version has now been submitted to the RCMP. The first one got turned down I guess but either way more waiting...
    Just curious, where are you getting this info from? Was it blueline that submitted? They're the official GSG distributor .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast