Thread: TDSA TR1 (Tactical Rifle 1) 04-June-2016

TDSA TR1 (Tactical Rifle 1) 04-June-2016

So I had the pleasure of taking part in TDSA's TR1 course this past Saturday and I have to say it was money and time well spent. Right off the bat the instructors told us that each individual would see a significant improvement in speed & accuracy and they 100% delivered.

It was a great atmosphere and we had a fantastic group of people, instructors and students alike. There was a lot of gear talk and "try this, try that" which was a great way to pick up some pros and cons of kit and rifles. The instructors were thorough in their explanations and demonstrations and when time came to pull the trigger and apply what we'd learned they were right there behind you with words of "encouragement" (all in good fun though). Lunch was also included which a quite an impressive spread and staff also supplied water and Gatorade which was much needed that particular day.

Now the question you're probably asking is "Well how many rounds did you go through?", the answer...A lot, I mean A LOT. 700/800 rounds easy and could have been more had I not had to stop and reload so often (maybe think of bringing at least 8 mags, you wont regret it).

So all in all what I'm saying is if you're thinking about it, whether it be the TR1 course or any other course as I'm sure you'll walk away with some invaluable knowledge, do it. Its a great time with great instructors who have a lot of experience to work with and I guarantee you will benefit. To Scott, Arron and the rest of the instructors, thanks again for a great day and you will be seeing myself again soon.

Regards,

Ryan Waters .aka. Delta (thanks again Scott for not calling it a hipster beard)

Expired Business Member
    Hey Ryan,

Thanks very much for the feedback. We do appreciate it very much.

Tac 1 is a very fun class to teach. Not many places you can see 15 AR's going off at once. You guys did very well on Saturday. We hope to see you again.

Ps , the beard is awesome.....haha

Aaron

I was also there for tac1 and tac2 on thia weekend. Was a ton of fun and was the first time I had a chance to run my Kel tec su16 hard. End of day one I knew with great effectiveness how to use my gun and gear. About 900 or so rounds down range and the instructors are the best bunch of guys and can really motivate you to do better much as I saw in ap1 I took last year.
    Tac2 was a much more challenging course with a lot of learning.

Looking forward to more of their courses and bringing more rounds just in case as the only thing that goes faster then cold water on a hot day is the ammo you bring.
    Great work guys and really appreciate the effort you all out into the course.

Can't wait for Handgun 1 and tac 1

CGN Regular
    Now I want in!
    We just can't have nice things!

Expired Business Member
    We look forward to having you all downrange.

Hey guys,

I'll be there this weekend for TR1. About what time will the course be running (ie start and end times)? Thanks. Giddy as a little kid before Christmas

PS. I'm having a ##### of a time finding a time finding a hard open mag holder locally or in stock online. Suggestions?
    "What do you mean I can't buy a machine gun"

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Hey guys,

I'll be there this weekend for TR1. About what time will the course be running (ie start and end times)? Thanks. Giddy as a little kid before Christmas

PS. I'm having a ##### of a time finding a time finding a hard open mag holder locally or in stock online. Suggestions?
    PM Sent.

Did the AP1 course in late May, and the TR1 a couple of weeks ago. The AP1 was outstanding, and I thought that it would be a tough act to follow.
    The guys at TDSA (Scott, Aaron, Jason, Eddie and the boys) did not disappoint with the TR1. It was another fantastic, fun day with over 700 rounds put downrange.
    While initial skill levels of the participants varied significantly, everyone left with a smile on their face, and vastly improved from wherever they had started.
    This is in no small part due to the skill level of the instructors and the personal attention that they gave to each and every student in the class... they love what they do and it shows.
    I have since signed up for the shotgun course and am trying to book time for the AP2 course. Can't wait.
    Do yourself a favor and take one of their courses... you'll find yourself a much better shooter, and have a great time doing it.

Expired Business Member
    Thanks for your continued support Roman. We do enjoy your company very much ya know.

Aaron