CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    What type of magazine does the 308 version use?

Will the XCR-M 10 round pistol magazines work?
    Yes. It will.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    What type of magazine does the 308 version use?

Will the XCR-M 10 round pistol magazines work?
    SR25 pattern magzine

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

Jeez I know I shouldn't have but I picked up one in .308! Damn you guys!!! Lol I'm going to have to work some overtime now !
    "Don't you dare go running down my little town where I grew up, and I won't cuss your city lights."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I know LOL I was like when did Andrew from Rampart offend anyone? I was lost. The guys at Rampart are among few guys that always respond promptly and professionally.

My experience with Andrew and Armon has been beyond great. They always go extra mile for me and always fast in communication.

Exclusivity is nothing new, and I would personally buy only from official distributor.
    I think the issue is exclusivity after the fact. I had been googling "Troy PAR pump action rifle Canada" for weeks, and was only getting one Canadian result, and it was not the "official distributor". I had even made posts about it on other sites, and the only business/retailer/commercial account that was present and commenting was a third company that was also not the "offical distributor".

Look at it from this perspective;
    •Other company announces new product to be brought into Canada, starts taking orders.
    •Product is suddenly and unexpectedly reclassified, and it is the other company sharing the news and presumably being hit by a wave of refunds and cancellations.
    •Product quickly re-re-classified, and again it is the other company that is sharing the news.
    •Offical distributor announces that they will be bringing the product in, at a lower price than the other company, and stating that everyone who had ordered already will not have a warranty. Presumably this sparks another wave of refunds and cancellations with the other company.

When you look at it from that perspective, there are decided similarities to previous drama in the Canadian firearms industry, regardless of whether or it was intentional. That is where the drama comes from, because this series of events could be construed as one company using the market and firearms lab to attack another company, with us little people as their pawns.

Even if it barely resembles what actually happened, that is why some people are getting mad, because of the possibility however remote that one company was throwing another, and an entire product line, under the bus.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

BANNED
    Just broke down and ordered the .308, if I like that I can see a .223 version in the future as well. The .308 should make a good precision/hunting rifle. :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer doublelung's Avatar
    Tagged
    I'm your Huckleberry !!

Troy PAR on Safari

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

This may have been asked but are uppers interchangable so we'd have multiple calibre options? If so any word of when we'd see them?
    "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance" -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post

Troy PAR on Safari

gadget
    Is it just me or is that not a shorter barrel?
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akronym View Post
    This may have been asked but are uppers interchangable so we'd have multiple calibre options? If so any word of when we'd see them?
    The 223 and 300 would interhange with each other. The 308 family would also swap. But 223 and 308 versions would not.

Like ar15 vs ar10.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY