CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

Sorry double post

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

Quote Originally Posted by ghost271 View Post
    Why did they decide to make the .308 in a 16" length? They should have made it a minimum of 18-20".
    Why ?? The owner Steve Troy went on Safari with Kyle Lamb & the 16 " barrels performed without issues !!!

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost271 View Post
    Why did they decide to make the .308 in a 16" length? They should have made it a minimum of 18-20".
    Because they were made for American work around for states with more gun control and the minimum non SBR length is 16"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer driller212's Avatar
    I want the 16". Would be nice to have 20" and 10" spare uppers though
    Shootin' stuff in the Wild West

"Somehow, democracy has become a selection of stale left-overs that no one wants".- HWally

I think the 16 inch barrel will be pretty much perfect on this rifle. As I get older, (OK I'm only 30 but some days I feel older) the less I like carrying long, unwieldy guns through dense, thick bush.I get the "But you'll lose some velocity!" argument and I see merit in it. But not so much for a rifle that will spend most of its time doing sub-300 yard work. And since most any shot I care to take is within that range, I'll gladly trade off some velocity for easier portability any day. 99.9% of my time spent with this rifle (and any rifle for that matter) will be carrying it when hunting. So ease of portability is pretty high on my list of "must have" attributes on any of my guns and I believe this rifle with a 16 inch barrel will do the job nicely. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    I think the 16 inch barrel will be pretty much perfect on this rifle. As I get older, (OK I'm only 30 but some days I feel older) the less I like carrying long, unwieldy guns through dense, thick bush.I get the "But you'll lose some velocity!" argument and I see merit in it. But not so much for a rifle that will spend most of its time doing sub-300 yard work. And since most any shot I care to take is within that range, I'll gladly trade off some velocity for easier portability any day. 99.9% of my time spent with this rifle (and any rifle for that matter) will be carrying it when hunting. So ease of portability is pretty high on my list of "must have" attributes on any of my guns and I believe this rifle with a 16 inch barrel will do the job nicely. YMMV.
    Exactly !
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    Exactly !
    Ditto. With careful selection of a good scope this will still be a super light weight rifle. I just wish I knew how long it will take to arrive!

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    Look at it from this perspective;
    •Other company announces new product to be brought into Canada, starts taking orders.
    •Product is suddenly and unexpectedly reclassified, and it is the other company sharing the news and presumably being hit by a wave of refunds and cancellations.
    •Product quickly re-re-classified, and again it is the other company that is sharing the news.
    •Offical distributor announces that they will be bringing the product in, at a lower price than the other company, and stating that everyone who had ordered already will not have a warranty. Presumably this sparks another wave of refunds and cancellations with the other company.

When you look at it from that perspective, there are decided similarities to previous drama in the Canadian firearms industry, regardless of whether or it was intentional. That is where the drama comes from, because this series of events could be construed as one company using the market and firearms lab to attack another company, with us little people as their pawns.

Even if it barely resembles what actually happened, that is why some people are getting mad, because of the possibility however remote that one company was throwing another, and an entire product line, under the bus.
    Exactly the point, well said....
    Most of us from the local area have an understanding about what happened with the 2 dealers in question....that resulted in a awful lot of Canadians getting "burned" thru a distributor dispute(swiss arms..which led to cz858's)....I loved my (2) cz858's...till I dumped them to avoid any hassles...at a loss.

It seemed that the "tone" of the original statement from the "authorized" dealer was looking a lot like it might turn into the "old situation" all over again...plus with the warranty thing...it looked like we might get burned again....at worse...or at the very least a massive delay in receiving our rifles if problems erupted.

The firearms community simply does NOT need another "fiasco" over dealers fighting...that would not bode well for all of us.....as a shooting community

A lot of ppl agreed with this...and a few others thought it was simply whining.....but it brought attention to the issue in which ppl who spent hard earned money "earlier" wanted to see answers...and we got them....
    so....if one of the few thought it was simply needless whining......Pffft...whatever
    Last edited by slim123; 06-25-2016 at 07:28 PM.

I want to see one in the flesh before I pull the trigger (no pun intended) & drop a grand on this rifle. See it on the range and me firing a mag or two of course is best scenerio. Anyone got one from "the other guy" and is living in Edmonton area?
    --
    We need another Conservative majority NOW

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    Can the national 223 support a fixed buffer tube, or are you stuck with the folding stock? vice versa with the optics ready model?