CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

CGN Regular
    As far as I know the preproduction models had a brake that was pinned and the pin was welded to the brake after pinning. Apparently the pin could be drilled out and the brake removed. Someone may correct me on that. The hole for the pin is on my brake but there is nothing in it, I can see the threads on the barrel through the hole.

The barrel and bolt look similar to an AR but that would be a good question for a dealer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Hunterson, how does the pump forearm assembly feel as far as side to side play? Could a person attach a long extended charging handle on the left side and cycle the gun with it? Or would side loading force on the foreend bind up the action bar?

If the gun is as accurate as they say, it might be nice off a bipod on the bench if the shooter could cycle it more like a straight pull bolt action.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

WTB CZ Ghost Ring Sights!
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2180331-Factory-CZ-Scorpion-sights

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Hunterson, how does the pump forearm assembly feel as far as side to side play? Could a person attach a long extended charging handle on the left side and cycle the gun with it? Or would side loading force on the foreend bind up the action bar?

If the gun is as accurate as they say, it might be nice off a bipod on the bench if the shooter could cycle it more like a straight pull bolt action.
    was wondering the same thing... but I thought maybe a narrower profile bipod in front of the magwell...on the handguard...a guy might be able to reach past it and cycle the action while rested on the bipod....mounted backwards with bipod folding back on each side of the rifle as to not obstruct cycling, when not in use.....be interesting to play around with different ideas....

also I was also wondering if a vertical grip might put too much angular stress on the action....if so I think a angled grip with a thumb rest on the side would work well...works great and very ergonomic on the 870.
    Last edited by slim123; 06-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSon View Post
    As far as I know the preproduction models had a brake that was pinned and the pin was welded to the brake after pinning. Apparently the pin could be drilled out and the brake removed. Someone may correct me on that. The hole for the pin is on my brake but there is nothing in it, I can see the threads on the barrel through the hole.

The barrel and bolt look similar to an AR but that would be a good question for a dealer.
    if dealer concurs......it might be too tempting not to get another...not much info yet to find online about these, but would be awesome to make caliber conversions with minor mods to existing parts...without having to buy a whole other rifle.
    Last edited by slim123; 06-26-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Looks like it runs on nylon bushings in the slots, just saw a thread somewhere else where a guy replaced the nylon bushings with bearings.
    Not sure how the bearing is supposed to help as far as rotation is concerned but it would last longer at the expense of the slot in the handguard.
    Replacing the nylon bushings looks easy.

Last edited by Can-down; 06-26-2016 at 08:46 PM.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2180331-Factory-CZ-Scorpion-sights

Business Member
    Just a quick note here: The PAR muzzle devices are NOT pinned OR welded.. thanks.

thanks for those pics CAN-down....I think that answers a lot
    By the look of the bearings...they are just slightly smaller than the slot itself....so they might spin without contacting both sides..and not wear the slot at all...

Good point slim.
    Guys down south have been converting them to .277 Wolverine with a barrel swap.
    Apparently the .277 barrels without fluted chambers work fine... The fluted chamber seems like it might be overkill.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    The fluted chamber seems like it might be overkill.
    This ^ If my cases have a short life I will be re-barreling immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal247 View Post
    Can the national 223 support a fixed buffer tube, or are you stuck with the folding stock? vice versa with the optics ready model?

X2, I am also curious