CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 616181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy77 View Post
    Haven't all beowulf magazines been declared "dual purpose" and as such are now prohibited, I think I read a hero bulletin somewhere within the last while that says arrest and charge for use with 5.56, I could be wrong however.
    And ^this^ is exactly how bullsh!t rumours get started and people get all wound-up. If you don't know, they why post it?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by vancity View Post
    Any chance of a short barreled version?
    +1.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    Couldn't be bothered to read through however many pages... Is this an upper/lower design, and if so, is the lower the receiver?

What are the chances of talking to Troy about making a lower with a proprietary mag well (I.e. full capacity)?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Tried already rejected by the RCMP ...

gadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Really? How did they make that determination? The mags and magwell failed the test? Makes no sense with the regular AR15 magwell model passing. How do you know this?

Moe
    I am curious about this as well. Does Troy have a proprietary lower mag well or adapter, as well as proprietary mags for these rifles? Were they examined by the RCMP/CFP? If so (and if so), how is it they were "rejected"? On what basis? Were they rejected outright, or rejected to have full capacity, and thus limited to 5 rounds?

I don't see how a magazine that is exclusive to a pump-action firearm, (and thus not "dual use" to the AR platform and other semi-autos) can be rejected or limited to 5 rounds. Some more info and/or a link would be nice...

CGN frequent flyer
    .308 XCRM pistol mags work great!

Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    .308 XCRM pistol mags work great!
    Completely besides the point, but thanks, I already have a bunch of pistol mags.

GunNutz
    Love to order one of these but I'm nervous that I likely wouldn't see it this year. Just a hunch, nobody said anything.

Moe

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Love to order one of these but I'm nervous that I likely wouldn't see it this year. Just a hunch, nobody said anything.

Moe
    Hi Moe,

As Andrew stated earlier the first batch have shipped from Troy in MA and are currently at the border.

Troy anticipates the first set of .308's to leave their facility by the end of the month.

Once we receive these PAR's in we will have stock which will make this entire process much easier and quicker.

CGN Regular
    Kyle, any chance of a short barreled version in the .308?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_Kyle View Post
    Hi Moe,

As Andrew stated earlier the first batch have shipped from Troy in MA and are currently at the border.

Troy anticipates the first set of .308's to leave their facility by the end of the month.

Once we receive these PAR's in we will have stock which will make this entire process much easier and quicker.
    There are no 308s in the first batch at the boarder?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis264 View Post
    Last question, I just ordered the Troy Par .338 from you, is the trigger group replaceable with any AR-10 drop in Trigger group
    I too would like to know. I've almost ordered a 338 a couple times now. This would bring me closer.

Ben