CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

CGN Regular
    Cool looking gun for sure BUT "pump action" center fire!!?? No thanks - too gimmicky.... Pass

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LenDen99 View Post
    Cool looking gun for sure BUT "pump action" center fire!!?? No thanks - too gimmicky.... Pass
    Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Armon, price looks good but the ending line of the first paragraph sounds whiny and butt hurt. Kind of off putting really. Sounds like you do not think competition is a good thing.
    yeah I was thinking the same thing... after all wasn't it the competition who put in the frt , and did the legwork for these...especially when they went back to the RCMP lab and got a special rush on the re-certification...after that OAL issue, that caused the lab to revert the certifcation?

I ordered a 308 from them for basically the same price, same wait time......and now im made to feel like a fool and insinuated with HUGE problems for ordering from somebody else?...simply ordering from the first guy that offered these....is that my crime?

plz don't turn this into another whiny situation that blew up the whole cz/swiss arms that ended up screwing all Canadians...because of a "rights" battle between two competitors...and all it did was draw "special" undo attention from the RCMP...that ended up costing/screwing all the customers in the end.....

If you are the "exclusive" Canadian dealer for these, then aren't you also affiliated with Canadian warranty issues?....or will we get screwed also because we didn't buy from "you"

maybe if you were following CGN back when these were first offered, and spoke up then, informed customers could have went to you to buy....then maybe myself and many other customers could feel good about our purchase....and not feel as if we might get screwed on warranty...or delayed in receiving it because of a "rights" battle...

I will be calling your competition tomorrow to find out if I just risked my hard earned money.....also a call to troy themselves, and im sure others who have purchased these from them will do the same....and call both.

done my rant....I just hope the customer of troy products get the service and support they expect...regardless of where it came from....I would expect troy themselves would want the same for the customers of their products....and that is what I will directly ask them.
    Last edited by slim123; 06-17-2016 at 12:23 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    Cool story bro.
    I was much braver when I had 19 posts too. Anyway, great review. I'll take 2.

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    yeah I was thinking the same thing... after all wasn't it the competition who put in the frt , and did the legwork for these...especially when they went back to the RCMP lab and got a special rush on the re-certification...after that OAL issue, that caused the lab to revert the certifcation?

I ordered a 308 from them for basically the same price, same wait time......and now im made to feel like a fool and insinuated with HUGE problems for ordering from somebody else?...simply ordering from the first guy that offered these....is that my crime?

plz don't turn this into another whiny situation that blew up the whole cz/swiss arms that ended up screwing all Canadians...because of a "rights" battle between two competitors...and all it did was draw "special" undo attention from the RCMP...that ended up costing/screwing all the customers in the end.....

If you are the "exclusive" Canadian dealer for these, then aren't you also affiliated with Canadian warranty issues?....or will we get screwed also because we didn't buy from "you"

maybe if you were following CGN back when these were first offered, and spoke up then, informed customers could have went to you to buy....then maybe myself and many other customers could feel good about our purchase....and not feel as if we might get screwed on warranty...or delayed in receiving it because of a "rights" battle...

I will be calling your competition tomorrow to find out if I just risked my hard earned money.....also a call to troy themselves, and im sure others who have purchased these from them will do the same....and call both.

done my rant....I just hope the customer of troy products get the service and support they expect...regardless of where it came from....I would expect troy themselves would want the same for the customers of their products....and that is what I will directly ask them.
    For the record the original Troy PAR submissions had been done by the then authorized distributor, which had nothing to do with the other company who is importing them grey market, Rampart is the current distributor for Troy & placed orders that was a requirement for distribution. As Mike said in the thread earlier you choose whom you buy from, if the product is imported through the distributor warranties will be honoured. To expect a company to do warranty work on grey market product isn't reasonable, ask how Leupold / Glock & others have handled these issues!!

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

but...the very first time myself and I expect others ever heard about these..was from the other guy, that's who we chose to buy from.....if hes the sole distributor....where was he? I couldn't find him on troys site?

besides if I buy a savage for example, irregardless where I buy from..i can still send it to the Ontario warranty center for warranty work....as I have done with a old rifle I bought second hand years earlier...
    but as I said I will email/call troy myself to get the answer directly from "the horses mouth"...as I did with another US manufacturer of a rifle I had an issue with last year...which got me desired results from the Canadian distributor very very quickly....
    Last edited by slim123; 06-17-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LenDen99 View Post
    Pump action center fire rifles have been on the market for about 110 years...
    Last edited by Dorian Gray; 06-17-2016 at 04:24 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This thread sure blew up over a pump rifle. I cant see any of the pics, Am I missing something super awesome?

Ahhh, nvm. I googled it. Scary black rifle.

Interested to find out about mag limits, seems like nothing stopping your for owning a drum mag for this? 30 round mags?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    This thread sure blew up over a pump rifle. I cant see any of the pics, Am I missing something super awesome?

Ahhh, nvm. I googled it. Scary black rifle.

Interested to find out about mag limits, seems like nothing stopping your for owning a drum mag for this? 30 round mags?
    I believe these are AR-style mags. So 5-round limit.
    CSSA/CCFR Member An unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    but...the very first time myself and I expect others ever heard about these..was from the other guy, that's who we chose to buy from.....if hes the sole distributor....where was he? I couldn't find him on troys site?

besides if I buy a savage for example, irregardless where I buy from..i can still send it to the Ontario warranty center for warranty work....as I have done with a old rifle I bought second hand years earlier...
    but as I said I will email/call troy myself to get the answer directly from "the horses mouth"...as I did with another US manufacturer of a rifle I had an issue with last year...which got me desired results from the Canadian distributor very very quickly....

Hi slim123,

I am in agreement with you that nobody should be "punished" for purchasing the PAR prior to our offering it and there should even be a buffer date for people to know that we are in fact the exclusive distributor of these rifles. Rampart was in communication with the RCMP on the designation as I have no doubts the unauthorized importer was as well. What we did, which in hindsight could have been erroneous, was wait for the designation before offering the rifle. The first Troy PAR that was approved was the International version with a proprietary magwell and magazines.

Troy produces quality products and as such stands behind their products 100% however if they choose to only have one distributor they must have a way of ensuring others are not importing against their wishes. It is a difficult task in this day and age.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you have any other questions.

Best regards,