CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LenDen99 View Post
    Cool looking gun for sure BUT "pump action" center fire!!?? No thanks - too gimmicky.... Pass
    w0w...gotta love the real Informed CGN member's here .. Not!

Awesome rifle, alwayz loved my Old Mans pump 22 magnum growing up!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sooooo....

The argument here is that if you buy a firearm from an unauthorized dealer and expect warranty you probably wont get it, Either because warranty is not transferable and the unauthorized importer is considered the actually the owner? Correct?

Wouldn't that be the same as buying one from me on EE, facebook or whatever means and claiming it should have warranty from the sales date? When really the sales date was when the firearm was actually purchased by the unauthorized importer? So essentially your warranty has run out or been lost by the previous owner ( the unauthorized importer ) .

I thought warrenty was attached to serial numbers generally so after its sold time starts counting down, then if transferred ownership its lost entirely. Other wise what stopping me from claiming my VZ58 was recently purchased and I want 5 year warranty, All i would need to do is print a receipt from my business account claiming I sold it. Then demand warranty for my new purchase.

Anyway. Now you got me thinking about all my other firearms and scopes warranties.
    Last edited by CanadianBaconPancakes; 06-17-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Wouldn't that 338 take a different mag them a AR10 if so would it be pined to 5 still

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_Armon View Post
    Hi slim123,

I am in agreement with you that nobody should be "punished" for purchasing the PAR prior to our offering it and there should even be a buffer date for people to know that we are in fact the exclusive distributor of these rifles. Rampart was in communication with the RCMP on the designation as I have no doubts the unauthorized importer was as well. What we did, which in hindsight could have been erroneous, was wait for the designation before offering the rifle. The first Troy PAR that was approved was the International version with a proprietary magwell and magazines.

Troy produces quality products and as such stands behind their products 100% however if they choose to only have one distributor they must have a way of ensuring others are not importing against their wishes. It is a difficult task in this day and age.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    thanks, im sure troy will not want any customers screwed by this issue....I have already contacted them..and I await their response

That is a beautiful rifle. And of course Troy makes quality stuff. The many video reviews are worth watching. I have a (restricted) AR already, but I'm very tempted by this.

And once again, the more black rifles of all kinds we possess, the less likely the regressive leftists of the Trudeau Liberals will be willing/able to snag them. As we all know, the hysterical obsession with specific, symbolic guns is in full swing.
    Strength in numbers! BUY BUY BUY!

A genuine thanks to Rampart for making these available to the sport-shooting community!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_Mike View Post
    I respectfully disagree… we are all for competition…buy what you want from who you want. However we are suggesting that you purchase products from an authorized re-seller to avoid issues with warranty or service down the road… that’s all.
    We get it, the "other" vendor is an "unauthorized importer" (I've lost count how many times you've said that in this thread now). Are you saying that any PARs purchased from them, or any other importing vendor besides you, will not have a warranty? A clear answer on this would be appreciated. If this is not the case, and warranties will indeed be honoured, regardless of where the item was purchased, then you should probably stop with the nasty, scare-mongering type comments you're making. I agree with the other posters here that it seems designed to make anyone who may have dared to purchase a PAR from someone else feel foolish and as if they've done something wrong, and comes across as bitter and whiney. There is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Will the folding stock work on both the .223 and .308 models? If not is there a plan for a folding .308 option?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

WTB CZ Ghost Ring Sights!
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2180331-Factory-CZ-Scorpion-sights

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Will the folding stock work on both the .223 and .308 models? If not is there a plan for a folding .308
    option?
    No current plans for a side folding stock for the 308 models

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Nothing stopping any business from offering a warranty in a product they sell seperate from the warranty a manufacture offers.

Dealer warranty. Manufacture warranty. Importer warranty. Different ways to skin a cat.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Nothing stopping any business from offering a warranty in a product they sell seperate from the warranty a manufacture offers.

Dealer warranty. Manufacture warranty. Importer warranty. Different ways to skin a cat.
    Yep... an it appears that the proverbial cat has indeed been skinned.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano