CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY NON-Restricted Pump Action Rifles - PRE ORDER!

Sent you guys a email, a reply would be appreciated.

#####edited out of respect to move on#####
    Last edited by slim123; 06-17-2016 at 05:49 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer driller212's Avatar
    if only I wasn't saving up for a house...
    Shootin' stuff in the Wild West

"Somehow, democracy has become a selection of stale left-overs that no one wants".- HWally

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    yep, the "unauthorized vendor" has never done me wrong...in fact they have been an excellent, excellent dealer to deal with...I have a few purchases from them and it has been a very pleasant experience..every time

These guys, who I have never heard of until yesterday, have left a very bad impression with me....and I will never deal with an outfit that uses "scaremongering" to sell product.....I'm very happy that the "unauthorized vendor" clarified their warranty stance....which was about what I expected.

I will continue to spend my money with the "unauthorized vendor" in the future...and brownells for troy accessories...which ship to Canada ..np

watch how fast this gets deleted....
    I am not sure where this anger comes from slim123? Did we gravely offend you with our product offering? Am I missing something here?

If we have offended you please accept my sincere apologies. I encourage you to spend your money wherever you see fit, this is Canada… it is nice to have options.

Rampart is relatively new to the commercial market; our primary market is Canadian MIL/LE, perhaps this is why you have not heard of us?

I would never delete any post on this board.. I am not offended by your ranting. I would however suggest that IF you have a problem, email us, call us.. we are here to listen to you and help you in any way we can. Our goal is to keep the customer happy; however as you likely know very well this is not always possible.

IF, we can’t help you.. and you have no interest in buying anything from us or dealing with us… that is unfortunate.

All the best, if I can be of any service to you please do not hesitate to call or email.

Respectfully.

no, not mad...just annoyed that I would spend money on something and then have somebody come out and basically scold me..and others who spent our hard earned cash on a product that we are excited about, then try and burst our bubble that we will not have warranty coverage...just because we didn't buy from them.

In case you haven't realized, and maybe things are good in Ontario...but out here in alberta, things are pretty bad...I know lots of guys who would love to get one of these...but are right now just trying to keep the lights on..and food on the table.
    1000+ bucks isn't pocket change for the majority of us, and it shows very little respect when you can erroneously make statements that the hard earned cash just put out was probably "wasted".
    Yeah it annoyed me and I wanted to get to the bottom of it....and make sure I didn't waste money I put out, that's why i contacted troy..and the "unauthorized dealer" clarified the warranty stance.

This didn't look good on your part, and i think its a terrible way to market product....but it did help get the clarification for those of us who spent the money wanted to hear.....maybe you don't like it...but i have received many PM's of thanks for raising this issue

If you re-read your posts about this from the start, and try to look at them objectively (from a consumer standpoint) you will see that it doesn't look good, and that maybe it was the wrong way to deal with it

thanks for the reply, maybe we can put this behind us since the issue(s) have been resolved..i will edit my last post
    Last edited by slim123; 06-17-2016 at 05:48 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    Wouldn't that 338 take a different mag them a AR10 if so would it be pined to 5 still
    308 is the parent case for 338 federal

Again, how much of a deposit is required and what sales tax is added for BC residents ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    but...the very first time myself and I expect others ever heard about these..was from the other guy, that's who we chose to buy from.....if hes the sole distributor....where was he? I couldn't find him on troys site?

besides if I buy a savage for example, irregardless where I buy from..i can still send it to the Ontario warranty center for warranty work....as I have done with a old rifle I bought second hand years earlier...
    but as I said I will email/call troy myself to get the answer directly from "the horses mouth"...as I did with another US manufacturer of a rifle I had an issue with last year...which got me desired results from the Canadian distributor very very quickly....
    no, not mad...just annoyed that I would spend money on something and then have somebody come out and basically scold me..and others who spent our hard earned cash on a product that we are excited about, then try and burst our bubble that we will not have warranty coverage...just because we didn't buy from them.

In case you haven't realized, and maybe things are good in Ontario...but out here in alberta, things are pretty bad...I know lots of guys who would love to get one of these...but are right now just trying to keep the lights on..and food on the table.
    1000+ bucks isn't pocket change for the majority of us, and it shows very little respect when you can erroneously make statements that the hard earned cash just put out was probably "wasted".
    Yeah it annoyed me and I wanted to get to the bottom of it....and make sure I didn't waste money I put out, that's why i contacted troy..and the "unauthorized dealer" clarified the warranty stance.

This didn't look good on your part, and i think its a terrible way to market product....but it did help get the clarification for those of us who spent the money wanted to hear.....maybe you don't like it...but i have received many PM's of thanks for raising this issue

If you re-read your posts about this from the start, and try to look at them objectively (from a consumer standpoint) you will see that it doesn't look good, and that maybe it was the wrong way to deal with it

thanks for the reply, maybe we can put this behind us since the issue(s) have been resolved..i will edit my last post
    Your Savage I'm assuming was not a grey market firearm. This is no different than any other CDN firearms retailer. If you purchase a firearm through gray market means, they cant warranty them. You can however go back to the company you purchased it from (Other retailer) and have them process the warranty back in the US for you.

You need to take a breath and relax. Ontario is far from good. you make it sound like he called your daughter ugly and your wife fat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Why does EVERY new product offering on CGN turn into some effing drama?

Just like the guy said already. Every dealer would rather you buy from them , but- Buy what you want from whom you want. Buying guns shouldn't be a big drama.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Do you have any 243 models enroute?