Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SKS KD classic Review made by Kodiak Defence Inc Westrifle.com

Expired Business Member
    there is more ak magazines online

Quote Originally Posted by rb2 View Post
    I noticed how much the scope and rail jump in the deluxe review. I will stick with my stock sks's the way they were intended to be
    1. the rail system ""wartak style" is not the best-it is not steel, also two pins provide more freedom when compared to 4 screws-left side mount.
    of course, side mount requires some basic machining skills.... but it is the best
    2. also this rail system makes the front sights useless and gets rid of rear sights as well.. so the barrel should be really chopped in this configuration, -coz no point of front sights, but if you chop the barrel: you'd lose some distance/ power, may be accuracy and the bayonet.
    3. in addition, this configuration doesn't allow stripper clips... I know I know, mags are better etc... as long as you have them, but when you are out of mags-stripper clips-much faster for tactical exercises.
    4. this configuration, with or w/o top rail, doesn't have bolt open-which sucks

the only positive, why I am ordering this is the only Canadian reasonably prices rifle taking AK mags for SHTF scenario, that's basically it
    M305a is ridiculously expensive and too complex and somewhat ridiculous mechanics for SHTF, type 81-not available and doesn't take AK mags, VZ58-doesn't take AK mags, type D-not available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    I'm waiting for a classic to come in stock
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable Nate View Post
    I'm waiting for a classic to come in stock
    u mean in wood, with no bayonet out and no crazy rails on top?

yeah... that would worth buying, for, sure.

1. well I am getting mine in plastic on Monday and I will experiment with bayonet,
    2. will check AK-style mag release (which I have from 7.62systems)
    3. I will take a look at "bolt hold open"-whether it is totally gone as an option or it can still be manually engaged
    4. Some time from now I will check if yugo mags will keep bold open just as they do in AK47
    5. I will also check if I can use the duck-tapco mags and original mags, just for fun ( in case something goes wrong with AK mags, like malfunction, not available, if I can still use original mag/ tapco mag)
    6. I will also check if previously modified tapco mags (duck-less) may be modified to fit in into this one.
    7. Finally, I will also check if tapco duck mags may be potentially adapted to this system (duck-tapco into AK mag conversion)

will come back soon

BTW the 7.62 system for SKS worked not long time-the front piece, as expected was a piece of crap-what would you expect from a thing that holds on one screw (alan!) only? The AK style mag release from 7.62systems, on contrary was robust

Just my 10 cents. I own one of these but have not yet shot it. I like and dislike it at the same time. I find AK mags hard to engage compared to AR mags. The gun is long once you add a muzzle brake. No bolt hold open isn't really convenient but not a deal breaker. The quality is very good in my opinion. A good semi for the money but not my go to gun obviously!

I dig it, nice for anyone who missed the SKS-D boat and doesn't want to pay a thousand dollars for a bloody SKS. Not a big fan of the deluxe but different strokes for different blokes. Would like the classic with some 10/5 mags.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I dig it, nice for anyone who missed the SKS-D boat and doesn't want to pay a thousand dollars for a bloody SKS. Not a big fan of the deluxe but different strokes for different blokes. Would like the classic with some 10/5 mags.
    Classic with wood skin would be awesome-BIG TIME! Minimal changes of any sort-just AK style mag release, wood stock, bayonet, that's it

Then let people do what they want with it

That alone would drop the price to 400 if not 350CaD and make it much more affordable. I am already happy, they have this version in addition to this crazy delux for 780CaD.

Well I paid 580 for ATI strikeforce stock and 1 imi israeli mag-not bad, but I am not a big fan of this ATI stock specifically.

Russian SKS is alway preferable to Chinese (IMHO) but... if Chinese SKS-D would be available for 400CaD, I'd buy it instead,especially, if it is a late year Chinese SKS production.

Anyone knows what's up with SKS-D (Chinese) ????

Quote Originally Posted by ARCANGEL View Post
    Just my 10 cents. I own one of these but have not yet shot it. I like and dislike it at the same time. I find AK mags hard to engage compared to AR mags. The gun is long once you add a muzzle brake. No bolt hold open isn't really convenient but not a deal breaker. The quality is very good in my opinion. A good semi for the money but not my go to gun obviously!
    how you r resisting not shooting it? man u have super patience

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast