Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SKS KD classic Review made by Kodiak Defence Inc Westrifle.com

Croatian AK-47 mags from IRUNGUNS (extremely fast shipping and good communication):
    1. made of metal
    2. feel like well made, but some are pinned the way that hold only 4 rounds and you have to play with the spring, so it holds 5 rounds as per specs. so, based on this fact alone-I am already expecting performance problems, but shooting range performance-not yet known
    3. these mags are AK-47 bolt-hold-open, BUT DO NOT reliably hold bolt open on SKS-KD as SKS bolt cycles higher and doesn't catch well with the follower
    4. fits into SKS-KD with minimal filing (1-2 min or so)
    5. Price in CaD with shipping/ taxes etc = 36CaD as of 2017. Comes only in a package of 5

And yes-I am not naked, neither I am sitting in my underwear-'coz I anticipate comments from those who are preoccupied with anything else but content

BANNED
    Are your underwear camo?

yup

TEST A: Range test of Croatian bolt-hold-open AK47 mags:
    1. Croatian mags advertised as bolt-hold open for AK47
    2. Metal made
    3. Well made, but pinning is not the greatest-some are only holding 3, some 4-5 rounds, you have to play with the spring-move/ force it down after mag disassembly to make them truly 5/ 30 rounds
    4. Minimal filing needed to fit them into SKS-KD- maybe 1 minute or so
    5. They hold in the mag well pretty well as you can see in the video, you need some impact for them to fall off as I am trying to show in the video. I would say they sit in the mag well as good as IMI AK47 mags: there is minimal if any vertical movement and some horizontal movement 3 mm or so to the left/ right
    6. No reliability issues after 100 rounds through them out of the box-very pleasent and nice cycling
    7. They do not hold bolt open in this SKS mod
    8. To buy go to IRUNGUNS
    9. With all taxes, shipping etc= 33-36+CaD
    10. Hopefully bolt-hold-open which is not working in this SKS-KDm won't damage the bolt, 'coz they do not function as bolt-hold-open, yet scratch the bolt which is passing over the mag follower on each last round

TEST B: Range test of previously FTF IMI Israeli mags:
    1. so after 300+ rounds, Graphite lube and mags sitting loaded overnight, the problem was solved-now they are very nice, reliable, no FTF, easy weight mags.
    2. Overall-recommend them if you'd like to waste 300 rounds to make them work reliably.
    3. To buy go to WESTRIFLE
    4. With all taxes, shipping etc= 50+CaD

Some conclusions:
    The overall problem with easily falling/ detachable AK47 mags in this SKS-KD is due to the strange mag release button from Kodiak Defence. This becomes a real issue with P-mags and much less so with IMI/ Croatian mags. So overall, I'd recommend this SKS-KD system, but it needs some easy-medium complexity fixes. So for 490 (wood stock)/ 580 (plastic stock) it is rather worth the money than not. Please watch for intermediate conclusions video coming out soon

Accuracy on 100 m/ yrds. Open sights:
    1. Every click---} boom- --} ding = hit
    2. Distance 100m/ yrds
    3. Size of the target 20x20 cm or so
    4. Mags used: IMI AK47 and Croatian bolt-hold-open AK47 mags: overall happy with those, except Croatian:
    a) need some minimal filing to fit. An easy fix
    b) do not hold-bolt-open in SKS-KD
    c) pinning is bad, many mags are pinned at 5, but you need to lower the spring so the hold really 5/30 rounds instead of 3/30-4/30. Not a difficult fix

Applicable for CANADIAN USERS ONLY
    This video is an attempt to compare reasonably priced AK mags (<50-60Ca$):
    1. Croatian mags: 36Ca$ (w/ taxes, shipping), from IRUNGUNS, metal, no a single FTF, made in Croatia. Have some problems with incorrect pinning and the bottom plate on some is loose
    2. PMag, USA: 32 Ca$ (w/ taxes, shipping), sold by Questar; no a single FTF, but too easy to detach/ lose your mag while running
    3. Tapco, USA: 50Ca$, sold by Northern Republic Magazine: I finally got it to work, the problem was incorrect pinning
    4. IMI, Israel: 50Ca$, sold by WestRifle, initially have to put 200-300 rounds +/- graphite lube to get them into no FTF position-so quite expensive overall

===
    Overall, happy with SKS-KD platform from Kodiak defence
    ===

Those that are sold for 80-100Ca$ per mag!!! (by marstar)-seriously, guys, do you think somebody is going to buy those from you? WTF?!

BANNED
    Who is this mysterious camouflaged warrior... and where does he operate?

Seems to me we may have found gecko45 right here on cgn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Meester Kalashnikool.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    Who is this mysterious camouflaged warrior... and where does he operate?

Seems to me we may have found gecko45 right here on cgn
    That's me, why mysterious?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PECHENEG View Post
    That's me, why mysterious?
    Don't say much... good at hiding.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast