SKS KD classic Review made by Kodiak Defence Inc Westrifle.com

I noticed how much the scope and rail jump in the deluxe review. I will stick with my stock sks's the way they were intended to be

Detachable non duckbill magazines > stripped clips and fixed magazine.

Stripper clips and the fixed magazine are faster, lighter, don't add 10 inches of useless metal hanging off the bottom of the gun and maintain the last round hold open. There is also the side benefit of not costing extra rubels.

I would have prefered to seen something other then SKS, like Mosins with scope mount options honestly. I feel like everywhere I look there is SKS this, SKS that. Its played out and most of us own a bunch and already don't use em much.

Im sure their are plenty that do use them still, but i'm sure their are lots in the same boat as me.

I like the concept as I have been looking for an SKS-D, but maybe you could do a gen2 with and AK style mag release instead of the hinged floor plate lock.

What do you mean Gen 2?

I'm guesstimating here that james_o was meaning that as awesome as the rifle is, and the work Kodiak Defense has done one of the improvements that could be done in possible future runs (Gen 2 per se) is having an AK style mag release instead of an extended/improved standard SKS release. I was thinking the same thing myself and was going to mention it until read that post. Now, that's just my interpretation, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ^.^b

Back
Top Bottom