Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Load for MH in .260???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar

Load for MH in .260???

Can/will anyone share some load data on the above combo??? Mine's almost here and I'd like to get some ammo ready for it!!

Thx.

GGG

What's MH? I shoot a .260 Bolt Gun. My Load is a 139 gr. Lapua Scenar, Lapua .260Rem case, Fed 210GM Match primers, 42.5 gr. H4350. Loaded 3000 off the lands, feeds out of a magazine, if that helps.
    Oh oh... that's gonna hurt.

I have one and will post my load when I get home to look at the data. What barrel did you order. Mine was a 18.6 medium stainless and I shoot 140 Amax. The rifle was a real bear trying to get good groups close in,yet the long range tightens up lol. 140 Amax is the only bullet so far that flies consistently for me. I have tried berger vld, and Accubond LR at a wide range of charges and seating depths. Some day I may try 139 lapuas but I'm happy with my Amax.

Thank you both.

MH = Modern Hunter

I'm hoping I can get the 123 lapua scenars to shoot tight, cause I have a lot of them!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    You don't waste enough time on CGN otherwise you'd know what MH is

Same here, Tikka CTR 20", 139 scenar, Lap case, CCI primer, 42.1gr 4350, 2thous off land, mag fed. 1/2" 4 shot group (minus my 1 flyer cause I always Foff the 5th shot)
    Interestingly 140 VLD hunting, same load, shot to same POI. Fracking VLDs are so long couldn't load to land, max TRG mag was 2.90". Practise with 139scenars (expensive), hunt with 140VLD (ridiculously expensive); same POI is sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefrog View Post
    What's MH? I shoot a .260 Bolt Gun. My Load is a 139 gr. Lapua Scenar, Lapua .260Rem case, Fed 210GM Match primers, 42.5 gr. H4350. Loaded 3000 off the lands, feeds out of a magazine, if that helps.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Too bad you got the 123. As posted above the 139 scenar (49c each) and 140 VLD hunting (66c) has same POI (at least at 100m).

The 139 balistics is same as 200 30cal out of 300WM; way better than 123.

Shoot my ~7#ish CTR without muzzle, similar kick to my TRG, 167gr SMK/Scenar, with muzzle.

Recall my 123scenars had couple of MOA POI shift from HDY 123 SST hunting bullets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    Thank you both.

MH = Modern Hunter

I'm hoping I can get the 123 lapua scenars to shoot tight, cause I have a lot of them!!!
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    Thank you both.

MH = Modern Hunter

I have to figer out how to reload for both the 338fedral and 6.5CM and soon 223 for MV
    I have never don any reloading it's a bit overwhelming lol

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I have to figer out how to reload for both the 338fedral and 6.5CM and soon 223 for MV
    For the purposes of a good solid hunting load for all three, you'll be fine. Nothing to fret about. Reloading is a relaxing.... We'll help ya out!!!

Let us know when you want a shopping list for your goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Too bad you got the 123. As posted above the 139 scenar (49c each) and 140 VLD hunting (66c) has same POI (at least at 100m).

The 139 balistics is same as 200 30cal out of 300WM; way better than 123.

Shoot my ~7#ish CTR without muzzle, similar kick to my TRG, 167gr SMK/Scenar, with muzzle.

Recall my 123scenars had couple of MOA POI shift from HDY 123 SST hunting bullets.
    I'll use the 123's for paper and steel. I have some 139's too that I was planning to use for game (for
    more punch).

Hand loading for 1moa is straight forward, lots of room for error. 1/2moa need the precision tools and brass prep. For 1/4moa need everything right including a good shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast