Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

CGN Regular
    Looks like you have some choices wrong. Customer service starts with small things, this is one of them. And you could spare yourself 10 negative pages on this forum and loosing a valued customer. Rather your customer could say: These goys are awesome.
    Hope the $11 was worth it.

#### happens. Its life. Business make mistakes too.

Getting butt hurt because you couldn't capitalize on that mistake is on you. Not the business.

But in a world full of "feelings" it sometimes easier to fold to save face.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Good lord.

30+ minutes in the store shopping. 20 min to make a post, another 15 min scanning the thread and responding to nay sayers over 11 dollars? Is you time worth absolutely nothing?

Get a life and move on people.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    I am a firm believer in this. I have had this problem a few times and if you abide by this code, you don't have to make on the spot subjective choices. In this case, the OP would have received $10, or $1 short of the discrepancy.
    I have purchased ammo at Italian Sporting goods two months ago where the price in the computer came up as higher than the marked price on the shelf. They honoured the shelf price. I'll probably drop $1200 there this weekend.
    I understand it is a tough job to run a business. Especially with many many items to keep track of. Whoever is entering prices into the POS software should be required to make sure stock is also priced accordingly. This should be a step by step process, similar to ACT PROVE, or any lock out scenario where heavy equipment is used.
    Like anything, this is of course, a two way street.
    Well sald.....Iam a firm believer in this too......they price on the shelf or sticker price is what a customer should pay 100%......I'd walk on a business that didn't honor the price especially with an 11$ difference it's not about the money it's outta principal.....and Im not talking about scenarios like a 1000$ pistol with a sticker price of 250$ this is clearly a mistake......but for such a small price descrepency its sickening that the business didn't honour this.....unreal!

I b t l

IBTL x2
    "You went full retard, man... Never go full retard."

BANNED
    Again, the integrity of the manager/owner shows what value it has, which reflects on the business. $11.00

In my business we sometimes loose hundreds of dollars to insure that customer is happy and returns.If you make that customer happy they will return with their business , and tell a few people, make a customer unhappy, they will tell everybody!

That people is your best advertising these days, word of mouth and word of social media, how did this one fair?

I told a customer once flat out, we are going to make screw ups, there always are, it is how they are handled that matters.We gained about 4 or 5 NEW customers and in the short term gained likely 100K in referred business from that interaction.

This situation could have been salvaged but stubbornness and ego got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    Good lord.

30+ minutes in the store shopping. 20 min to make a post, another 15 min scanning the thread and responding to nay sayers over 11 dollars? Is you time worth absolutely nothing?

Get a life and move on people.

Please lock this thread, I'm sure the CGN experts have other threads to slay
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

CGN Regular
    They are good to deal with sorry your bitter over 11$ nice to have a great brick and morter store.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    Again, the integrity of the manager/owner shows what value it has, which reflects on the business. $11.00

In my business we sometimes loose hundreds of dollars to insure that customer is happy and returns.If you make that customer happy they will return with their business , and tell a few people, make a customer unhappy, they will tell everybody!

That people is your best advertising these days, word of mouth and word of social media, how did this one fair?

I told a customer once flat out, we are going to make screw ups, there always are, it is how they are handled that matters.We gained about 4 or 5 NEW customers and in the short term gained likely 100K in referred business from that interaction.

This situation could have been salvaged
    but stubbornness and ego got in the way.
    fully agree