Was a very happy customer until today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't shop there either. I tried buying some stuff off of them at two separate gun shows in Fort Mac and it seemed like they didn't have time for me. When I heard good feedback about them on here I thought I'd try again and get some info on what they had in stock, but I was letdown again.

I agree your experience was lacking in service, but hardly worth ending what sounds to be a good relationship.
My own approach would have been to sit on it for a day, lose the emotion, then treat it as the business deal it is.

Probably best to work this one out.

The Free Enterprise System at work . Most stores that I have shopped in have honoured the sticker price unless it was an obvious mistake , or large price difference . On a over 100 dollar item , the retailer should have knocked the 11 bucks off , and kept the customer.......

sticker price 104.00....they should sell it for 104.00

they priced it, probably old stock not marked up to the new high inflation value yet.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if it is stickered at $104 then that is the price, if it is the original sticker. to up the price at the computer would be considered 'bait and switch'. which is illegal. consumer was correct to out them.

Short Version based on OP's essay.

- OP bought scope rings
- Sticker Price was $104
- Rings up as $115 at the till
- Cashier asked store manager to honour sticker price. He says no
- Cashier apparently then asks store owner Chris to honour sticker price. He says no

Op now is not going to shop at P & D based on principle... store not wanting to take a $11 loss to honour sticker price to keep a customer that spends thousands per year there.

You're welcome :)

thanks you summed it up better sorry i was on my phone and kind of ticked off at this is was more his attitude he said I can pay the 115 or leave without it he did not care and tried blaming it all on his staff

If everything went as OP says- the store should have honored the sticker price. It doesn't matter if it is $11 or $1. Those who worked in retail for a long time know that some customers can be picky and difficult but business has to maintain its credibility. We are not talking about wrong item sticker that somebody could have moved in front of this item, we are talking about original sticker with the wrong price that even the staff member suggested as a good deal.

^^^This!!! I worked retail for years and this would have been a non-issue the way it has been described. Their decision is short sighted because they lose a customer for $11 that was caused by their mistake. Customer service sure isn't what it used to be.

I just recently had a great dealing with Chris, he was flexible on store policy to help me out ! Great thing about being a consumer you can chose where to spend your money. Unfortunately can't make everyone happy.

^^^This!!! I worked retail for years and this would have been a non-issue the way it has been described. Their decision is short sighted because they lose a customer for $11 that was caused by their mistake. Customer service sure isn't what it used to be.

Customers aren't what they used to be either ;)

Being in retail the store made a mistake. The posted price should be honoured. A measly $11 is not the issue. The issue is keeping the customer happy. The store could have easily of made the loss back in future sales.

If everything went as OP says- the store should have honored the sticker price. It doesn't matter if it is $11 or $1. Those who worked in retail for a long time know that some customers can be picky and difficult but business has to maintain its credibility. We are not talking about wrong item sticker that somebody could have moved in front of this item, we are talking about original sticker with the wrong price that even the staff member suggested as a good deal.
And you know what- I am disappointed with lack of desire to even read the post. Or "this for $11?" attitude. Haven't you noticed that lately we as sports shooter community are getting excited even if our order makes it and actually contains items we bought and post here how "great the customer service was"?! The order should consist of items you bought, they should be in good working order and that is basic service, not GREAT customer service. Not to mention lack of communication skills you can encounter from many dealers whose response to our multiple questions is often only "yes" or "no" without any desire to spend extra couple of seconds and even try to make us feel as our money and time is valuable.
We should keep them on their toes and they should be aware we can and will spend our money elsewhere. That is how we make their business and our community stronger.
Agreed. There's a great site sponsor on here who I deal with all the time who posted an ad a year or two ago on CGN for a batch of 10/22's that had come in at what seemed to me like an amazing price. I didn't end up buying one but I noticed awhile later they updated their post saying they had made a mistake on the pricing. Apparently whoever posted the ad had used the old exchange rate, however they stated all the online orders that had been placed would be honoured. Thats how a business SHOULD be run. I've bought a couple guns from P & D and had top notch service from them so I don't want to jump to any conclusions on this particular case. Will be interesting to hear their reply.

the other side of the coin at WHOLESALE SPORTS of all places- had a shipment of bricks of 22 federals(550 ROUNDS PER on the shelf for 8.95/box- that's what it said in the computer as well- I got 4 boxes at 8.95 per- they had no choice- the guy behind the counter KNEW it was wrong, I knew ot wqas wrong, and the clerk knew it was wrong- but the cMPUTER is never wrong- the going is 22.95/brick

Double Ticketing

Section 54 of the Competition Act is a criminal provision. It prohibits the supply of a product at a price that exceeds the lowest of two or more prices clearly expressed in respect of the product.

Any person who contravenes section 54, is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment up to one year on summary conviction.

the Bureau would not take enforcement action under this section where a price of $X was marked on one unit of a product and a price of $Y was marked on another, so long as each was sold at its marked price.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00522.html#double

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom