Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

I like how the post starts

Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about this but I had a very unpleasant experience today at p and d...........

Yeah I would agree with that statement. Lol.

Chris? What about Phil and Dianne?

That was the longest sentence i have ever read.

This for $11? First world problems can be a burden some days...

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Failure all around. Guy making huuuge issue out of a measly $11, so much so that he severs long term relationship with LGS then comes running to CGN to cry about it. This was less that 1% of the actual price, not a huge difference, and should not be an issue for someone who apparently has spent ten of thousands of dollars there, all for a hobby.

I am equally amazed at the total Scroogery by the not only the manager, but the owner... cheapskates with an appalling lack of grasp for customer service and retention, and loss vs gain. You make a mistake, eat the 11 dollars and make the guy spending thousands there happy... business 101.

Enough foolishness. The end.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    first world problems

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    first world problems
    You guys keep saying that, but I don't see a "problem" here at all. Just silliness. (just sayin'... )

Be interesting to a reply from P&D...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

If everything went as OP says- the store should have honored the sticker price. It doesn't matter if it is $11 or $1. Those who worked in retail for a long time know that some customers can be picky and difficult but business has to maintain its credibility. We are not talking about wrong item sticker that somebody could have moved in front of this item, we are talking about original sticker with the wrong price that even the staff member suggested as a good deal.
    And you know what- I am disappointed with lack of desire to even read the post. Or "this for $11?" attitude. Haven't you noticed that lately we as sports shooter community are getting excited even if our order makes it and actually contains items we bought and post here how "great the customer service was"?! The order should consist of items you bought, they should be in good working order and that is basic service, not GREAT customer service. Not to mention lack of communication skills you can encounter from many dealers whose response to our multiple questions is often only "yes" or "no" without any desire to spend extra couple of seconds and even try to make us feel as our money and time is valuable.
    We should keep them on their toes and they should be aware we can and will spend our money elsewhere. That is how we make their business and our community stronger.

BANNED
    I once bought a cz .22 mag cause it was a good sticker price. Got to the counter and it was the wrong price. The lady asked if I wanted to split the difference down the middle and so I did. I've always thought their customer service has been pretty good

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    I think the manager or owner may have been trying to give the OP an easy out when they showed them the other rings with the regular price thinking the guy swapped tags.
    Why did the OP not go get the guy that told him to buy those rings.
    Most cashiers are so ingrained with "the customer is always right" that they would just ring up the lower price no questions.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast