Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

CGN Regular
    I don't shop there either. I tried buying some stuff off of them at two separate gun shows in Fort Mac and it seemed like they didn't have time for me. When I heard good feedback about them on here I thought I'd try again and get some info on what they had in stock, but I was letdown again.

I agree your experience was lacking in service, but hardly worth ending what sounds to be a good relationship.
    My own approach would have been to sit on it for a day, lose the emotion, then treat it as the business deal it is.

Probably best to work this one out.

BANNED
    The Free Enterprise System at work . Most stores that I have shopped in have honoured the sticker price unless it was an obvious mistake , or large price difference . On a over 100 dollar item , the retailer should have knocked the 11 bucks off , and kept the customer.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    sticker price 104.00....they should sell it for 104.00

they priced it, probably old stock not marked up to the new high inflation value yet.

he said his name was Chris and identified himself as the owner of the store

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if it is stickered at $104 then that is the price, if it is the original sticker. to up the price at the computer would be considered 'bait and switch'. which is illegal. consumer was correct to out them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbalm View Post
    Short Version based on OP's essay.

- OP bought scope rings
    - Sticker Price was $104
    - Rings up as $115 at the till
    - Cashier asked store manager to honour sticker price. He says no
    - Cashier apparently then asks store owner Chris to honour sticker price. He says no

Op now is not going to shop at P & D based on principle... store not wanting to take a $11 loss to honour sticker price to keep a customer that spends thousands per year there.

You're welcome
    thanks you summed it up better sorry i was on my phone and kind of ticked off at this is was more his attitude he said I can pay the 115 or leave without it he did not care and tried blaming it all on his staff

Quote Originally Posted by Victory 1945 View Post
    If everything went as OP says- the store should have honored the sticker price. It doesn't matter if it is $11 or $1. Those who worked in retail for a long time know that some customers can be picky and difficult but business has to maintain its credibility. We are not talking about wrong item sticker that somebody could have moved in front of this item, we are talking about original sticker with the wrong price that even the staff member suggested as a good deal.
    ^^^This!!! I worked retail for years and this would have been a non-issue the way it has been described. Their decision is short sighted because they lose a customer for $11 that was caused by their mistake. Customer service sure isn't what it used to be.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acook86 View Post
    he said his name was Chris and identified himself as the owner of the store
    That is odd. I think they do have a guy named Chris who works there, but last I checked Phil and Diane own the place.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

I just recently had a great dealing with Chris, he was flexible on store policy to help me out ! Great thing about being a consumer you can chose where to spend your money. Unfortunately can't make everyone happy.
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast