Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    the other side of the coin at WHOLESALE SPORTS of all places- had a shipment of bricks of 22 federals(550 ROUNDS PER on the shelf for 8.95/box- that's what it said in the computer as well- I got 4 boxes at 8.95 per- they had no choice- the guy behind the counter KNEW it was wrong, I knew ot wqas wrong, and the clerk knew it was wrong- but the cMPUTER is never wrong- the going is 22.95/brick
    I would have emptied the shelf at that price!
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepSquad View Post
    Double Ticketing

Section 54 of the Competition Act is a criminal provision. It prohibits the supply of a product at a price that exceeds the lowest of two or more prices clearly expressed in respect of the product.

Any person who contravenes section 54, is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment up to one year on summary conviction.

the Bureau would not take enforcement action under this section where a price of $X was marked on one unit of a product and a price of $Y was marked on another, so long as each was sold at its marked price.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...22.html#double
    Might suck to be Chris!

Super GunNutz
    sticker price should have been honored,that's what most professionally run stores would have done,sticker price rules at the register,sad that a store would loose a long standing customer over $11.00,but i understand the OP,it's the principal here,must be a pretty poor store to do this over $11.00,good thing there is no shortage of great vendors on CGN,

I have worked in retail and policy is always to honour the sticker price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    sticker price should have been honored,that's what most professionally run stores would have done,sticker price rules at the register,sad that a store would loose a long standing customer over $11.00,but i understand the OP,it's the principal here,must be a pretty poor store to do this over $11.00,good thing there is no shortage of great vendors on CGN,
    Ya it was the principal of it all and the fact that this guy Chris was very dismissive of me and blamed his staff. Side note ended up ordering the exact same mount for $107 off a vendor on here.

I've shopped there since they've started in the business, and will continue to shop there despite a post about someone's 11 dollar 'experience'. FFS. Same goes with Wild West. Don't like it? Order online from a box store and ##### about how long you had to wait for it to come in.... Or maybe go to one and roll the dice that you get a gun counter guy who gives a ####, or knows his ####. The OP and the WW $20 guy are just two more guys I don't have to stand in line behind while I am there shopping. Not fanboying P&D or WW, just getting sick of the internet whine about customer service. Both stores and their respective owners have done nothing but build the firearms industry in our Province & country, but eh, go on the internet and slag 'em, because YOU, the one most important customer in the world, didn't get what you want....And enthusiasts wonder why this segment of the population eats it young. Phil & Diane travelled Western Canada building their business at gunshows, Ken (WW) brought Cowboy Action shooting AND a retail storefront range to Albertans (and visitors from across the country and globe). WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, 8 POST AFFRONTED CGN POSTER? Bitched about $11. Good on you, Gun Culture Hero.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I purchased my H&K USC from these guys - no tax to Ontario - what a deal (don't think they can do that anymore). Wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again!

They should honor the price. It is the store's mistake. It is misadvertising.

Shouldn't matter how much you spend there. While they may appreciate your contribution, they have been around many years and probably will continue to be. Your loss to their company will be minor. My biggest problem with customer complaints is that they start with how much they spend. What you are saying is a guy like me that only spent around 1000 there this year is not as important as you are. EVERY customer that walks through the door is as important as the next. If they didn't honour it, they didn't honour it. Many people have had problems in the retail world in some fashion. Cannot impress everyone. The girl that suggested that to you should have worded it differently and may get in trouble for going over the first persons head and pushing it.

Mistakes happen and if they have lost your business over 11 dollars, it's probably their gain.

Well said as well about how WW and P and D have kept on going through bad times to keep going strong. They offer many products that you can't get at big box. I don't get along with everyone there all the time but I found who I liked and go see them.
    Last edited by kennworth; 06-22-2016 at 11:43 PM.