Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Wow. I don't even know you, and I've probably cost you more than $11. This really is a non-issue, and you should ever thankful that the nice lady behind the counter tried...and harder than most.

That $11 dollars you're saying was billed in 'greed', we'll, that's $11 dollars that would go to the families of a small, honest, business. I hope that anyone reading this disregards the OP, as this really is a non-issue. Is it a bummer that it wouldn't have been cheaper? Heck ya.

You were in their 'house', and son, you weren't entitled to jack, or sh*t...and Jack went home.
    Ya the it being cheaper is not the problem I don't care about $11 it's the principal of it being marked a price and then being told nope new price.

Customer service is customer service just because they are a small store does not mean they can do whatever they want if I had the same thing happen at Cabelas or wholesale sports or a big box store they would of given me the $11 difference and apologized for the inconvenience and I would of continued shopping there because that is the right thing for them to do they put a price on it and that is the price I expect to pay at the till. Hell if this so called owner Chris even apologized for the mistake and said hey let's split the difference or even said I am really sorry for the mix up but I don't make much profit off these scope rings and I need to sell them for that price I would of been ok with it and would understand but him saying nope wrong price you have to pay the new price or you can just leave that is unacceptable

I'm not sure I would write off a retailer for this. My beef is more with falsely advertised prices to either bring in foot traffic or web traffic. That being said I don't disagree either.

I do take issue with the statement that retailers have built the firearms industry. The consumers have built the firearms industry, without consumer demand and money this industry would be nonexistent. Do you think retailers have developed or imported products as a charity service or for their own entertainment? They do it because the consumers want it and the retailers make money from it. Enough with the idea that somehow the consumer owes the retailer for supplying something. One thing you will always hear when a consumer requests a new product is "we'll see if there is enough demand". There is no doubt that retailers have worked hard to bring in products that we as consumers want but don't fool yourselves into thinking they don't benefit from it.
    Last edited by lowside; 06-23-2016 at 02:18 AM.

They should have honored the sticker price. If the wrong price is on there, it is their fault, not the OP's.
    Kinda stupid of them to lose a good customer over $11...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    I understand value vs principal - don't get me wrong. Like I said, I would certainly be displeased. I grew up in retail, our family even owns retail, and I generally support giving the customer everything they need, but, there is a limit to the love.

This should have been an easy open and close. Ticket price should be honored. Done and done. But to air your grievance here - why do you feel the need?? Is it because every other Millennial is out there displeased by some half-hearted issue? I understand, why would anyone want to be left out.

I hope you don't take offense to this statement, as I hate just about everyone equally...but people need to harden the f**k up, and start spending their time on something worth a d**m.

$11 not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory 1945 View Post
    Yes, they did all that and then some staff member ruins it for them because of $11.00. You may not care about OP's concern regarding $11.00 or his, as you say, whining, but the fact of the matter is- he will no longer shop there and those $11 have suddenly turn into a potential future loss of $$$$ in sales from this customer only. If I lost a customer over $11 I would be extremely upset. Vendors exist in business to serve customers and as much as $11.00 may look miserable , someone WORKED to put those $11 on his paycheck and depending on the line of work it may have taken him an hour to do that. And kudos to all those vendors who built firearms industry but it is time to bring it up a notch. Firearms business deserves to be respected as much as other retail segments and that means- no room for "I don't care" attitude. If the sticker says $104 and the staff member who suggested it said $104 - it is $104.
    Damn right. Well said.
    This is Sparta!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    I understand value vs principal - don't get me wrong. Like I said, I would certainly be displeased. I grew up in retail, our family even owns retail, and I generally support giving the customer everything they need, but, there is a limit to the love.

This should have been an easy open and close. Ticket price should be honored. Done and done. But to air your grievance here - why do you feel the need?? Is it because every other Millennial is out there displeased by some half-hearted issue? I understand, why would anyone want to be left out.

I hope you don't take offense to this statement, as I hate just about everyone equally...but people need to harden the f**k up, and start spending their time on something worth a d**m.

$11 not included.
    Why air it here? So that p and d enterprise now know they lost a customer over a measly $11 that why I aired it here. Is my experience there going to change anyone else's mind? Nope it won't but now p and d enterprise knows they lost a customer and maybe they will think twice next time they try something like this again. Also it is illegal according to that double ticketing competition act that was quoted earlier in it gives this exact same scenario as an example
    Last edited by acook86; 06-23-2016 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Added more info

11 bucks? pick your battles..

Quote Originally Posted by leonk05 View Post
    11 bucks? pick your battles..
    So if it was a $110 difference then it's all good?

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    I just finished writing a letter to my sponsor child in the Congo letting her know that I can't send money this month, because instead I'm mailing $11 to the OP. I hope the cheque arrives in time to prevent any further pain and suffering.

Stay strong brave gun nut. We'll get through this together.

God bless.
    Moron... It' not about the frickin $11 - it's about the total lack of gratitude for his considerable past business and potential future business.

It's about respect.

I am stunned at the number of people who are trying to defend Chris' actions in this situation. You act as if this is somehow acceptable. Apparently you don't have much respect for yourselves.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
    They should have honored the sticker price. If the wrong price is on there, it is their fault, not the OP's.
    Kinda stupid of them to lose a good customer over $11...
    + 1