Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

CGN Regular
    I got x30 years in the Army with x 6 in the special forces . What U GOT HOMMIE!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    For starters, most retail 'laws', are not actually laws...a vendor may choose to 'opt out' if they desire. There are several big box stores that don't subscribe. The pieces that are actually law are hidden so far behind shadows that people are almost never prosecuted.

Ticketed price should be honored, but really not necessary. Scanned price is a different story, but there must be a factory MSRP or 'shelf' price to make this valid. Even so, you'lo usually only receive a $10 discount, or the item free if under $10.

I remember when people wore big boy pants, kept their petty squabbles inside, and just drank the issues away. OP payed the $11. Fool me once....

My brain is about to explode. Next this thread will become and issue about race or sexuality.

I'm Audi 5000.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Did Facebook crash or something? The "share everything" generation is at it again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    ticket price or the retailer can shove them up his a$$
    typical British wankers

Quote Originally Posted by kennworth View Post
    Mistakes happen and if they have lost your business over 11 dollars, it's probably their gain.

For the win.
    With guns...we are citizens.
    Without guns...we are subjects.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkilr View Post
    Did Facebook crash or something? The "share everything" generation is at it again.
    I'll have to use that one.

I have to acknowledge we only have one side of this story, but from what we have heard, the OP is right to be upset. Only $11? It would be even more absurd if they had refused to honor a $1 difference. I don't think the OP was upset so much over the $11 as over the FU attitude.

Having said that, 99% of your dealings with this store have been with great staff. I'd be reluctant to leave that behind just because their boss is a jerk.

Thanks for sharing. It is enlightening to get a glimpse into the minds of customers (you and others who have responded).

I'm going to be rich

I love the "its only $11" crowd.

They actually make me want to start up my own enterprise. My business model will be simple...I'll post a product with a lower price in front of a bunch of products with higher prices. I wont bother you with all the details(as most of the fun happens at check out) but the computers will all be set up with the higher prices while my employees(some may even be females wearing provocative clothing to distract) will convince and sell on lower prices. Man...this is going to be soooo lucrative. Oh...don't worry, I'm not going to gouge you, its only going to be a few dollars here and there, just enough so you don't complain.

Oh yeah...don't bother asking my employees anything. I'm going to make sure that they're too scared to make a decision without my approval.

Lets get this ball rolling!!!
    I'll post details when business is up and running.

BANNED
    Nobody realizes the terrible precedent these types of transactions set?Think about it for a minute.

has nothing to do with a dollar value, it is the integrity of the manager AND supposed owner.The salesman knew what was right , the clerk knew what was right, the other two knew what was right also but didn't care.

It boils down to integrity and honor.They showed the world that their integrity has a price, $11.00 , think about that for a while.

I had an experience ONCE with P and D.Kind of similar but it was a we will get you later type scenario similar to this but it was over a much larger dollar amount.

+1 ^
    If it is "only $11" how about the store loses $11 not the customer, it is their mistake.
    NON SERVIAM