Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

BANNED
    Retail law states, posted price on a product store must give to customer for posted price. I don't blame the OP at all. I wouldn't go back either if they tryed to pull that kind of BS with me. There is more than that gun store to spend money at.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I really don't care how people approach me in terms of customer service, Mistakes happen. I got .22 from P&D during "the great shortage" because they had the cheapest price at 39.99 and brought it to the gun show so it saved me shipping cost.

My money goes to who ever has the lowest price because in my opinion they have the most sustainable business, this year, their ammo at the gun show was a bit high. I walked away with nothing. They did have fair prices on firearms tho, impressed with that for a gun show.

it's not about $11 ! if they put price on the item that what it is .the other day i went to SAIL I needed hand primer and It was there at a great price $25 !!!! well that's what was on the sticker ,but cashier told me it is $75 when she scanned it ! I have a great Hornady hand primer now for $25 .
    Honour your sticker price!

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Retail law states, posted price on a product store must give to customer for posted price. I don't blame the OP at all. I wouldn't go back either if they tryed to pull that kind of BS with me. There is more than that gun store to spend money at.
    I agree that the retail law being the trump card in this interaction means the OP should have gotten the discount. More so if the deal went the way the OP claims with someone trying to go to bat for him at the store. Is it enough to write off a business... maybe not to me but I would certainly not place them on my first go to list. The attitude of the store manager is appalling whether the OP was a one time purchaser or a life long.
    Real men use peep sights

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xippper View Post
    Moron... It' not about the frickin $11 - it's about the total lack of gratitude for his considerable past business and potential future business.

It's about respect.

I am stunned at the number of people who are trying to defend Chris' actions in this situation. You act as if this is somehow acceptable. Apparently you don't have much respect for yourselves.
    IF (if if if IF) what the OP says is true (we've only heard one side of this story thus far), then I fully agree that the lower sticker price should have been honoured. That's not my beef. My beef is with the social media soap box public shaming attempt to get "revenge" on the business by scaring away other potential gun nutz.

The op wasn't ripped off. He willingly handed over the extra 11 dollars. If it was a big enough deal to start a siht on p&d thread, then it was a big enough deal to say to the cashier "Sorry ma'am, I won't pay the higher price on principle, so I'm just going to leave these rings on the counter and walk away." The choice was his.

A more "adult" response would have been to simply call or write a letter to the owner expressing his dismay, and highlighting the potential loss of future business. Because $11 buys a pretty sihty lynch mob.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

You call someone a moron and then say It's about respect. You, sir, are a hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Xippper View Post
    Moron... It' not about the frickin $11 - it's about the total lack of gratitude for his considerable past business and potential future business.

It's about respect.

I am stunned at the number of people who are trying to defend Chris' actions in this situation. You act as if this is somehow acceptable. Apparently you don't have much respect for yourselves.
    True. Just take it easy. Some of them are probably representing the store discreetly trying to discredit OP. It is a possibility. We can't rule that out at all

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Gnomes View Post
    I agree that the retail law being the trump card in this interaction means the OP should have gotten the discount. More so if the deal went the way the OP claims with someone trying to go to bat for him at the store. Is it enough to write off a business... maybe not to me but I would certainly not place them on my first go to list. The attitude of the store manager is appalling whether the OP was a one time purchaser or a life long.
    Agree. Misadversting it is.

CGN Regular
    22 bravo this is Niner Inform all call signs that the retailer IS WRONG ON ALL LEVELS OUT!

This is the single greatest and most important thread evar and i grately appreciate the continubed posting and postulating by the armchair generals i hope one dayb to be ablwe to worry aboot such important issues.

There is a law/scanning code of practice that defends the OP's situation.
    Lots of reading and many here do not bother if they see more than a few lines of script but here is what my google-fu found

.http://canadianbudgetbinder.com/2012...cop-in-canada/
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.