Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

Thumbs down Was a very happy customer until today

Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about this but I had a very unpleasant experience today at p and d which I am very disappointed about because I have been a customer of theirs quite a while and have had no issues up until this point.
    I have spent over $3500 at p and d this year alone and because of my experience today I will no longer be visiting their store. I went in to pick up a set of rings for a scope mount and the guy behind the counter was very informative and nice gave me several options and recommended I pick a particular set because the price was about $15 dollars cheaper than another set so I said sure.

The price was marked as $104 so I get to the counter and it rings up as $115 and I did not even notice but the nice lady behind the counter did and told me she said she will look into it comes back and says it was a mistake it should be $115 but the sticker is wrong but she is sure the manager will honour the sticker price if I want. I say ya for sure save $11 because they made a mistake why not.

So she goes and manager says no ok she says I'll go get owner I am sure he will honour it. She gets him he brings me several of the same scope rings that have the proper sticker price on them and says look but I say it is marked as $104 and I was told to get this by a worker because of the price so I think it should be $104 he says no. So because of the owner who name is Chris, by the way, being greedy and wanting my $11 extra instead of just taking a slight loss and keeping a customer that spends thousands of dollars in his store happy I will no longer be shopping there and will gladly take my business somewhere else and encourage anyone else that does not think this is right to do so as well.
    Last edited by acook86; 06-22-2016 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling and paraghaphs

CGN frequent flyer
    Paragraphs .... I gave up.

I want to charge you $11.00 for making me try to read your post.

Sorry to hear about this. I have had nothing but great dealings with P&D over the years. Great group of staff to work with and took the time to answer all my questions about reloading. If all the rest of the price tags were the same; I would have shrugged it off and bought the rings. I don't think something like this post is enough to warn the rest to stay away from P&D.
    Blessed Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War And My Fingers For Battle CDTSA CTL ATA SCTA AHEIA

Quote Originally Posted by noob_ View Post
    paragraphs .... I gave up.
    ftw

CGN Regular
    I agree with the store on that one. You kept going back because you liked their price, and because one lady thought she could get you a discount but actually was I'm the wrong to do so and it turned out you had to pay, like everyone else... how do they make money?

They're not required to. Still though it would be nice of course since you've spent so much. If you want bad customers service come to windsors general gun, where they won't refund you, or my friend on defective products even after you are told you can with the receipt and original packaging.
    They have the worst customer service you can imagine as well as their gun range.

Short Version based on OP's essay.

- OP bought scope rings
    - Sticker Price was $104
    - Rings up as $115 at the till
    - Cashier asked store manager to honour sticker price. He says no
    - Cashier apparently then asks store owner Chris to honour sticker price. He says no

Op now is not going to shop at P & D based on principle... store not wanting to take a $11 loss to honour sticker price to keep a customer that spends thousands per year there.

You're welcome
    "You may not like guns. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you are going to do are… Call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbalm View Post
    Short Version based on OP's essay.

- OP bought scope rings
    - Sticker Price was $104
    - Rings up as $115 at the till
    - Cashier asked store manager to honour sticker price. He says no
    - Cashier apparently then asks store owner Chris to honour sticker price. He says no

Op now is not going to shop at P & D based on principle... store not wanting to take a $11 loss to honour sticker price to keep a customer that spends thousands per year there.

You're welcome
    Ugh, why didn't I read your post first

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I thought the owner was Phil (the P in P&D)????
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I thought the owner was Phil (the P in P&D)????
    That's what I was thinking...maybe OP was at the wrong store...

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast