BERETTA 92s pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a thread on a good price on a gun, turns into a thread on political correctness. The antis have us trained well! Shame on us.
Canadian Gunnutz . Now there's a name youse guys should be all up in arms about(no pun intended).;)

If these are former police issue.... They likely have been used as a weapon.... it is on their resume so to speak....

Or should we change the ad to say these are veteran pistols... or duty guns... or....

:sok2Aside from the classroom debate as per what is the definition of the word "weapon" if you did your homework as to a fair price for a used Beretta 92s you might want to shop around and compare prices...
The average price in the U.S for a Beretta 92s is around 400$ to 450$.. so in Canadian dollars its 518$ to 582$ in Canadian dollars. Marstar is offering a Marstar lockable gun case ($15 value) and a Cytac Hi Tec Polymer holster ($40 value)

And people are still whining the price is to high???????

:sok2Aside from the classroom debate as per what is the definition of the word "weapon" if you did your homework as to a fair price for a used Beretta 92s you might want to shop around and compare prices...
The average price in the U.S for a Beretta 92s is around 400$ to 450$.. so in Canadian dollars its 518$ to 582$ in Canadian dollars. Marstar is offering a Marstar lockable gun case ($15 value) and a Cytac Hi Tec Polymer holster ($40 value)

Yes... the price is ok, but certainly not great. Especially since they pop up from time to time for $400-450 here.... I got mine for $450 with 5 mags.... That is a good deal.

Legally, a firearm is always a weapon.

And maybe John only responds to posts in bold?

FF

Yes... the price is ok, but certainly not great. Especially since they pop up from time to time for $400-450 here.... I got mine for $450 with 5 mags.... That is a good deal.

There's been many decent civvy owned guns with all the dressings for approx $500 in the ee...

I got a surplus Police trade-in 92FS from IRG for $395 US a while back and there was only around 15% on the dollar at that time. 92FS is obviously the modern mag release too. I would consider these worth around $450 at the most, especially with the mag issue (modern mags have a different cutout so you need to find "S" mags or alter your new ones).

Mine is beat up, but it looks cool and functions perfectly. I thought I got a good deal at the time...

The "nonexistent description by a retailer" game is one of my faves!

These are being advertised as new. That picture looks like a well used gun.

Are these new or are they retired? Refurbished at all?

FF
Would you be kind enough to show me where we said "new"
John

These are the 92s's that appeared in the US for quite a while, as non refurbished, blued, ex police issue guns that came in different grades of wear (Excellent to poor).
I never tire of reading all these "expert opinions" from people who seem to have all the inside information down to the last detail.

These are now showing up here as sloppy seconds, probably poor graded units that have had their slides refinished and are being sold at nearly double of what they should be at.
How did you arrive at this conclusion ?

Not pointing fingers here, but just showing the truth.
The "truth" as you see it ? Please get your facts straight BEFORE posting such inaccurate dribble.
John

Whats the availability of compatible mags?

I'm in the market for a new - or gently used - handgun, but I don't think this'll be it. $600 for a well-worn handgun vs. roughly same price as a new SR9, Girsan Regard, or MP9.

Edit: glad to see mags aren't an issue.

FF

AGAIN conclusions without fact, how did you determine that they are "well used" ? Personal examination in Europe ? Personal examination here
at our warehouse ?
John

Yes I am "Tired of paying too much for these pistols"
So I'll pass :rolleyes:
@$400 I might consider it

My favorite "expert" I was wondering when you would jump in.
I agree with you, everything is getting more expensive by the day.
The Canadian dollar fell through the floor in recent months,
shipping charges have increased 35% to as much as 75% percent
I may have mentioned this before, if you know how we can avoid all these increased costs, by all means lets get together,
we could offer you a very interesting consulting contract.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom