Thread: Should I go shopping spree before registration changes coming?

Should I go shopping spree before registration changes coming?

Hi. I like to ask whoever knowledgeable in firearm politics in Canada.
    Is there any sign that government will enforce more strict gun control in Canada near future?
    Do I need to go shopping spree on guns before they completely bun possession of firearms?

Thank you.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverFevers View Post
    Hi. I like to ask whoever knowledgeable in firearm politics in Canada.
    Is there any sign that government will enforce more strict gun control in Canada near future?
    Do I need to go shopping spree on guns before they completely bun possession of firearms?

Thank you.
    My personal thoughts on this are, if there are any changes, it will be to the attainment of a PAL/RPAL. Wouldn't be surprised if part of the application process is one will have to have a doctor's evaluation as part of the reference criteria of getting a permit. Outside of that, it will be status quo.

Thank you sir. I will let my wife know. She is woman, so it maybe difficult to pass mental exam. As you know they can be irrational sometimes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Buy as many as you can afford, but remember they are of no use without a good supply of ammo.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Thank you sir. I will stick with rifles that can feed widely available bulk ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverFevers View Post
    Thank you sir. I will let my wife know. She is woman, so it maybe difficult to pass mental exam. As you know they can be irrational sometimes.
    And with a comment like that, you have just given everyone an example of why we need a mental exam.... but not the one you think you did

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    If the government ever gives MD's the authority to OK a firearms license,we're done. No Doctor will ever put their name on a certification. The liability alone would be crushing. It'll never happen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Transport Canada designated doctors (CAME) who examine pilots are expected to report questionable mental fitness issues.

My long term examiner said he was concerned about doing that because of the real possibility of someone coming after him with a civil rights issue should they lose their licence "because a GP said that they were nuts".

If you're really concerned about mental health becoming a qualification hurdle then join me in supporting CMHA and help gunnies step out ahead of the politicians instead of reacting to them .............
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Certainly wish I had bought prohits that was restricted back in the days.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Transport Canada designated doctors (CAME) who examine pilots are expected to report questionable mental fitness issues.

My long term examiner said he was concerned about doing that because of the real possibility of someone coming after him with a civil rights issue should they lose their licence "because a GP said that they were nuts".

If you're really concerned about mental health becoming a qualification hurdle then join me in supporting CMHA and help gunnies step out ahead of the politicians instead of reacting to them .............
    Thank you, I will look into making a donation to the cause.