Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Course Contest: Vz58 Prize Pack

I would pick the Vortex razor

Well, the ACOG because I'd love one for another rifle and their price tag makes them a tough expense to justify when you're only using them on things that don't return fire and one way ranges.

But on my VZ? The vortex red dot for field of view! My VZ rifle isn't sitting in a blind, or taking bench shots, it's being fed and made ready like the child of a parent with poor time management. Rock in the 7.62 nutrition it needs as its going out the door, and into action. (Read with Czech accent):"but father, I have no time for sight picture!!" (Heavier Czech accent):"Není čas! We'll miss your shot, put dot on target and make holes! Quickly now!"

Red dot for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The ACOG.

I have tried scope, Reflex and red dot on the VZ. I find that if I could get a hold of a 4x ACOG it would be the best of both worlds.

I noticed at 100 yards the red dot or reflex can get hard to use in high light situations and glare from snow. A scope may run out of adjustment and is harder to mount properly to get eye relief and your neck feels cramped. I believe a quality ACOG would help reduce this.

Also I think with the ACOG you can get rid of any potential shells bouncing back into your optics, I learnt this can be an issue with long scopes and their is no reason cause this upon your scope and end up having to send it back it for warrant costing you and the seller money.

Over all a 4x for 100 yard that is a great distance for 7.62 would be ideal and even past that It would be good up to 400 yards for good clear target shots.
    Last edited by CanadianBaconPancakes; 07-21-2016 at 04:02 AM.

The ACOG, since the Eotech on my Tavor has not been up to the task lately.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer to open them from 25 metres with a FMJ 5.56... You can see why I don't get to drink a lot of beer. Maybe a Vortex Razor would help?

The ACOG since i have an eotech...

I'd go with the razor.

Acog! It's built of a higher quality I feel anyways. Really the vortex is going to be sent in for warranty eventually . Too many vortex optics I have owned failed the warranty was to notch though. If that other sight is a shield I'd consider it l.

Signups are open on the Crowsnest Pass course! We'll be there August 8th & 9th.

Annnnd it seems we've passed a milestone! We'll add in a Fab Vz58 pistol grip to the prize pack. Any time we hit 5 pages, that's another prize added!

Hmmmm, we have got some interesting parts hidden around the office here . . .