Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Lockhart Tactical - Underbarrel 12G Shotgun - RELEASE

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    We appreciate your facepalm!

Please let us know what you want to see.

Thanks

Expired Business Member
    Version 2 Idea.

Here is another idea, that I think will make our product unlike any other!

Inside the butt stock we could either have a 6 rounds internally or 12. I'll let you guys give me your thoughts.
    To be 12 rounds its going to be around .8" wider however, only in the area where the shells are. Everywhere else on the butt stock will be shaved down.

The internal rounds are loaded into a pull out removable shell holder tray that we will make.

To access the rounds, push the "push button" release lock on the top of the recoil pad and pivot the butt pad.
    Once plate is rotated, the 12 shell holder tray can be pulled out entirely to access the rounds.

The SIDE of the butt stock would still have ambidextrous tapped mounting holes for adding small picatinny rails to one side or both if you so wished. These rails would hold side saddle shell holders in case you didn't want to use the shells internally, ensuring you ALWAYS have backup rounds with you.

Whatcha think!

Name:  buttstock-rear.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  24.3 KBName:  buttstock-rear-dim.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  20.4 KBName:  buttstock-rear-shell-holder.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  31.0 KB

Expired Business Member
    Whoops, I forgot to shave the bottom down!

Name:  buttstock-shaved.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  28.8 KB

BANNED
    ohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigod

Boy is Mrs. Cannon ever gonna be mad when I take her AR15 apart to mount one of these on it.

Cannon

Expired Business Member
    Is it just me?? Or is this pretty much the coolest thing to ever hit Canada!

Lockhart Tactical UBS-12

Name:  ubs-kit.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  24.1 KB

Very innovative. I'm oddly interested in the axe/hammer idea. Would be a cool survival gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    In all honesty, very good job on your ingenuity, and creativity.

Masterkey shotguns are pretty useless in real world applications, both weapon systems are worsened by combining them.
    A rifle is heavy enough to swing without an extra 6 lbs on the end of it.
    A short barrel breaching shotgun is very easy to tuck away when it is not in use.

You would likely do well with a "kit" (think full MCS kit)
    With a simple short barrel shotgun, under-rail adapter, and various accessories.

That being said, I am sure a few of these will sell, however likely more would sell if it was simple.
    Nothing fancy, no shell storage, or axe. Keep costs down, and provide a simple cost effective system.

Simple, cost effective (manufacturing and purchasing), light-weight (survival gun after all), ergonomic.... All very important.

Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    Prototype for QUICK RELEASE buttstock for the Lockhart Tactical UBS-12 under barrel 12ga shotgun.

When not needed under your primary firearm, quick detach the under barrel shotgun and quick attach the light weight aluminum buttstock.

We're open to suggestions on how to make our final buttstock look.

Attachment 72015Attachment 72016Attachment 72017Attachment 72018
    I'd go for this version from post #211, plain, lightweight and functional. I don't carry ammo, flashlights or lasers on buttstocks... Just sayin'.
    I'd be in for a "kit" if they ever get made...

Cheers,
    Clint

CGN frequent flyer
    I love the shell holder in the stock. I always carry spare ammo with me when I'm out in the bush. Its where to carry it thats the problem. If the stock could be sleek and comfortable enough and still hold even just 6 rounds down the middle, that would be a great feature. I think a saw in the handle would also be a great feature. Like a Gerber camp axe... but in the butt stock of your gun.

On that same vein, working with products LIKE the gerber collapsing saw, a compartment that could hold tools like the collapsible saw kit would be amazing. I always carry my saw, and I use it alot. Its just an example. i like the ammo storage idea better.