Thread: MDT polymer mags fit Tikka t3 varmint?

CGN frequent flyer

MDT polymer mags fit Tikka t3 varmint?

Do your 10 round 223 polymer magazines fit in a stock t3 varmint 223?

No,

You need to have a AICS compatible bottom metal/trigger guard to use the magazines

CGN Regular
    Will they fit the ruger gunsite scout rifles?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    They should work in the Scout. They work in my .308 version.

I also have them working in my T3, but I have Atlasworkx bottom metal. Even then you have to file the sides of the feed lips to fit inside the Tikka receiver.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    FYI the MDT .223 mags fit in the Magpul X700 stock & trigger/mag housing kit.

Why does MDT say on their website, and I quote, "works well with the Tikka T3 (AICS Polymer does not work with Tikka T3)"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcb View Post
    Why does MDT say on their website, and I quote, "works well with the Tikka T3 (AICS Polymer does not work with Tikka T3)"?
    Because MDT makes a few different chassis for the T3 that all use AICS mags. I have owned 4 T3's and I get it. you want 10rd mags. Your faced with three basic options.

A) Install a chassis like the ones MDT make or others make. All these use AICS mags.
    B) Install a bottom metal that accepts AICS mags.
    C) Buy the mags made by a few different companies in Australia or Europe. Very expensive at upwards of $200 each by the time there in your hands.

I suggest the options from MDT as they are considered the best chassis made for the T3 and other rifles. There is a reason the big makers are offering MDT chassis on there high end line tactical rifles from the manufacturer over other makes. Your also supporting a Canadian company. Look to the LSS chassis for a lean field carry or the Tac 21 for that bench shooting sub MOA tactical monster.

Moe