Thread: Xmetal .223 ammo review

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar

Xmetal .223 ammo review

I got my hands on 50 rounds of Xmetal .223 ammo. It's commercially reloaded and at a decent price. My needs for .223 ammo are basically shooting steel plates from an AR15 and Tavor at 100m and shooting Sureshot binary targets from a Mossberg "Patrol" that takes AR magazines.

So the test was -function properly through the semi autos with decent accuracy (hitting 6" plates at 100m) and a decent group for the bolt action, to ensure the binary targets get lit up!

Semi autos- no problem. Function perfectly and good accuracy.

Bolt action-

Top hit is my initial sighter and aiming point. The bottom group is five shots.

To be honest, I was shocked. The Mossberg is a pretty accurate rifle, despite Mossberg not being a very premium brand of firearms. But I really wasn't expected commercially reloaded ammo with volume shooting in mind to be this accurate. I"m very impressed so far and can't see any reason why anyone wouldn't want to use this ammo.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Looks quite good.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

Where can I find pricing for it ?

BANNED
    Nice find. My Mossberg MVP surprised me as well. Other than the sloppy bolt I have no issues with it and it's become a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    Where can I find pricing for it ?
    PM Xmetal Targets. They will email a price list.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Seeker View Post
    Nice find. My Mossberg MVP surprised me as well. Other than the sloppy bolt I have no issues with it and it's become a favorite.
    Mine surprised me to. What round is your best. Mine seems to love 55gr nosler bt!

Ive been pleasantly surprised with its accuracy for a inexpensive rifle bought solely because it uses ar mags.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by zman75 View Post
    Mine surprised me to. What round is your best. Mine seems to love 55gr nosler bt!
    VMAX 55Gr but does well with Chines surplus. (Once in a blue moon the primers need a second strike on the surplus.) It was a bit picky about mags until I switched over to an MDT chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Seeker View Post
    VMAX 55Gr but does well with Chines surplus. (Once in a blue moon the primers need a second strike on the surplus.) It was a bit picky about mags until I switched over to an MDT chassis.
    You got a pic of your rifke?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    You got a pic of your rifke?
    http://imgur.com/VRcqClt
    Works for me...
    Butt stock holds an additional magazine. I use a 5, 10, 15, to change the hight like a monopod sometimes.

Edit: For some reason it's not loading here? So added URL.