Mossberg 500/590 14" Conversion Barrel/Kit $379.95

I bought one of these due to the Thanksgiving sale, couldn't pass up the savings. Haven't received it yet though, was hoping for it by Friday.

th

I got one too, getting a little concerned that i haven't been billed or gotten a shipping tracking number.. but i was probably the last order during the sale so i've held off contacting them.. but yes i'm looking forward to it arriving

We're just swamped...we're getting everything processed and shipped out as fast as we can.

Ryan

Let us know if the barrel fits without having to swap out mag tube and foreend

Mag-tube will definitely need to be changed.
The end of the tube has a completely different method of connecting to the barrel.

The forend might be okay. Or it might need a little bit of trimming to clear the barrel lug.

i like the look of this for my 88, but does it not make it then prohib due to it being altered? Or is it good due to it being a factory kit?

Totally legal on your Maverick 88.

But yes, it would be illegal to cut your Maverick barrel down to 14 inches.

Mag-tube will definitely need to be changed.
The end of the tube has a completely different method of connecting to the barrel.

The forend might be okay. Or it might need a little bit of trimming to clear the barrel lug.

Definitely need to swap in the mag tube. I'm hoping the wood forend swaps in without trimming but I'm ready for it if it happens.

This is so tempting!
If anyone is interested in buying a brand new 20" barrel kit from a 590, i'd be happy to sell mine for a very reasonnable price just to lower the cost of buying this one

Youza.

Just got my 14" Mossberg factory barrel kit, it was unusual as there were 3 pieces of sealed cardboard containers with nothing inside... hoping everything that's supposed to be there, is actually there. It appears that everything's there, just wondering why there were empty containers inside???

th

Factory Mossberg complete 14" Short Barrel conversion kit for 500/590 series shotguns.

Kit Includes:
14" Barrel
Tube Nut 500A/835
M590/835 Mag Cap, Parkerized
Magtube M514, Parkerized
Magazine Spring Retainer 590/835, Parkerized
Spring, Magazine 835
Forearm, M514
Barrel Assembly 514 Bead Sights Heavy, Parkerized
Action Slide Assembly 500/514, Parkerized

Moss%2014%20Kit0001_zpstcoxluxp.jpg

Moss%2014%20Kit10001_zpsarg1l6iq.jpg

Moss%2014%20Kit20001_zps2big3uel.jpg

Build will be added later. Just posting an unboxing in case there is any questions to what's actually in the kit. Is there anything missing???

I posted a thread in the Shotguns section for my upcoming build.

Last edited:
Any mods have to be done to the wood fore stock to make it fit over the new magazine tube? Does it have to be shortened at all? I have the exact same donor shotgun I'd like to use. Looks awesome by the way.

Nope. Both have the same action bars, the wood forend is longer but the longer part goes over the receiver. No issues, haven't fired it yet though. I don't expect any problems at all. I might look for some Walnut that they put on the Classic Field. Cheap birch doesn't do it for me, but it'll do for now.

Back
Top Bottom