Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Butler Creek 10/22 25 Round Steel Lips $19.99!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gun View Post
    I don't have a bulletin as of yet but we did hear directly from a tech in Miramichi and the Canadian supplier for Butler Creek.
    This is now official, expect a bulletin shortly.
    So what happens to your stock? Are you going to pin them? In the bulletin it states that these can become legal if they are pinned to 10. So why kill the orders when you can pin them and still ship them (I'm assuming).

Even though I don't have this firearm or mags this shouldn't fly. This is a rifle magazine and was designed as such. If Ruger introduces a pistol that takes these magazines at a later date, that shouldn't matter.

Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity

Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72

1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device

Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

I gonna take the liberty to close this thread, because the dealers don't have the answers themselves either, and they were advised not to sell them anymore.

Please continue here:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-Latest-Update

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Threads-Merged

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234