Thread: ProMag Archangle AA922 10/22 25 Round Magazines $19.99!!

Business Member
    230 Eugenie Street West, Windsor, Ontario N8X 2X6

ProMag Archangle AA922 10/22 25 Round Magazines $19.99!!

Name:  ruger-1022-22lr-25rd-magazine-with-nomad-sleeve.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  6.1 KB
    These mags are also being put on sale for $19.99!!!
    Shipping will be reduced to $10 on these with the discount being applied on our end.
    You can find these HERE on our site.

Are both locating pins on these metal or one plastic and one metal?

Am I the only one who cannot find them on your site?
    'The armed citizen is the correct answer to the armed sociopath.'

Business Member
    230 Eugenie Street West, Windsor, Ontario N8X 2X6
    I just got word that these are now a prohibited device and I must cancel all my orders.
    As of an hour ago the RCMP has classified these as prohibited, I know there is no bulletin but this is the information I am being told.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Sales probably now suspended... Their thread on the Butler 10/22 mags details they received a call from the RCMP issuing a cease and desist order on sales. They phoned to tell me they were forced to cancel my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    Sales probably now suspended... Their thread on the Butler 10/22 mags details they received a call from the RCMP issuing a cease and desist order on sales. They phoned to tell me they were forced to cancel my order.
    Look at their post right above yours, 5 minutes earlier.

CGN Regular
    1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device
    Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

and then this archive says the aftermarket ones are designed for the rifle not pistol so they are ok. guess the RCMP has decided they are designed for both rifle and pistol to screw us over

The Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 can legally only hold 10 rounds as the magazine was originally designed for the M&P15-22 handgun. Even though it is a 22 rimfire rifle, the magazine was designed for use in a pistol and therefore is limited to 10 rounds.

The same goes for the factory Ruger 10/22 25 round magazines. These magazines are limited to 10 rounds as they are also for the Ruger Charger pistol. However, after market 10/22 mags such as the Butler Creek models have no such restriction placed on them, as they are not marketed as pistol magazines. This makes them legal to use in both rifles and the Charger pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device
    Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

and then this archive says the aftermarket ones are designed for the rifle not pistol so they are ok. guess the RCMP has decided they are designed for both rifle and pistol to screw us over

The Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 can legally only hold 10 rounds as the magazine was originally designed for the M&P15-22 handgun. Even though it is a 22 rimfire rifle, the magazine was designed for use in a pistol and therefore is limited to 10 rounds.

The same goes for the factory Ruger 10/22 25 round magazines. These magazines are limited to 10 rounds as they are also for the Ruger Charger pistol. However, after market 10/22 mags such as the Butler Creek models have no such restriction placed on them, as they are not marketed as pistol magazines. This makes them legal to use in both rifles and the Charger pistol.
    I see your quote from the RCMP Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity - Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72, and raise you THIS quote from the same page.

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

Example:
    The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted.

The mags in question were designed or manufactured for the 10/22 rifle. As stated on their packaging. It does NOT state anything about the Ruger Charger "pistol". And THIS is our current fight...

I just got off the phone with RCMP and they are claiming that they are now prohibited