Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Magazine: Background and the Latest Update

Well time to write some more letters

Okay. The ONLY way that we are going to be able to fight this one is to argue that the Charger Pistol does NOT meet the definition of a handgun under the criminal code. I shall cite the section in question here for the benefit and ease of reference:

Part III

handgun means a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands;
    Anyone can fire just about ANYTHING with one hand but SAFE MANIPULATION of the Charger so-called "pistol" requires TWO hands unless it's resting on something (example: bipod) but even then? Two hands are usually needed. This firearm therefore does NOT MEET THE DEFINITION of a handgun as it cannot be cycled with just one hand. A handgun on the other hand CAN BE cycled with one hand. Example: Hooking the sights on your boot, belt, a table to rack the slide or reload.

I don't know if I can swing that or not.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerM View Post
    Okay. The ONLY way that we are going to be able to fight this one is to argue that the Charger Pistol does NOT meet the definition of a handgun under the criminal code. I shall cite the section in question here for the benefit and ease of reference:

Anyone can fire just about ANYTHING with one hand but SAFE MANIPULATION of the Charger so-called "pistol" requires TWO hands unless it's resting on something (example: bipod) but even then? Two hands are usually needed. This firearm therefore does NOT MEET THE DEFINITION of a handgun as it cannot be cycled with just one hand. A handgun on the other hand CAN BE cycled with one hand. Example: Hooking the sights on your boot, belt, a table to rack the slide or reload.

I don't know if I can swing that or not.
    This is not going to work and it is a bad argument not based on the actual fact of the Charger.

You can fire a "Charger" with one hand. You can also fire an AR15 pistol with one hand, and you can also fire a 308 XCR pistol with one hand. You can find youtube videos of people doing it.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    I can fire my 308 or 12 gage with one hand. Might break a wrist, but i can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    This is not going to work and it is a bad argument not based on the actual fact of the Charger.

You can fire a "Charger" with one hand. You can also fire an AR15 pistol with one hand, and you can also fire a 308 XCR pistol with one hand. You can find youtube videos of people doing it.
    I know that it sucks. That thought DEFINITELY occurred to me long before I ever posted this but it seems to be the only way out of this that's within reach. I don't like it but the bureaucrats backed us into another corner. The current administration will NOT be even remotely sympathetic to us either so with that in mind??? Desperate times = desperate measures. I'm sick of it but see no alternative

A little bit of HISTORY? The company marketed this as a "PISTOL" to get around ATF regulations in regard to TITLE II weappons under the NFA. If you're unfamiliar with U.S. law? The long and short of it is it requires federal registration since it would be considered an SBR (short barrelled rifle) and a $200 tax stamp from the ATF.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
    We already went through this with the Mossberg 715T .22 rifle.
    When I bought it, it came with a 25 round mag which I enjoyed very much thank you.
    Next thing you know Mossberg decides to make a pistol version taking the same mag.
    Original mag is now prohibited even though the pistol is not sold in Canada.
    Now I get to shoot with 10 round mags.
    The gun is much safer now fortunately!!!
    Actually it is the same. Mossberg designed a 25 rnd mag to fit in there rifle. Years later , they designed a pistol that also happened to use the same mags. These 25 rnd mags were designed for the rifle only . And I do believe after all the crap happened, they repackaged them as rifle mags only.
    And they are in Canada. Four of them I think , which makes them common.You can buy one from a Canadian vendor ,as a matter of fact.
    But hey, this was no big deal,who wants a 715 anyway , right? Shoulda fought this when it first started.

CGN Regular
    If the interpretation is inconsistent with the law, can we all just give them the finger and let them have fun interpreting whatever they want? At the end of the day the law is still the same.

This RCMP behavior is so funny.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Maybe everybody should go shopping.........

"Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Agreed. ^^^^

ht tp://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/Categories/Hunting/Firearm-Accessories/Magazines/Ruger-10-22-Steel-Lips-Magazine-22LR-25-Rounds-Smoke/p/41169
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter ----/ View Post
    Agreed. ^^^^

ht tp://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/Categories/Hunting/Firearm-Accessories/Magazines/Ruger-10-22-Steel-Lips-Magazine-22LR-25-Rounds-Smoke/p/41169
    I called Wholesale in Langley and they have pulled them.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast