Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Magazine: Background and the Latest Update

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    And what does the SR 22 have to do with it ? And yea lets ban another gun !
    This pistol accepts the same mags as the rifle. Therefore, say the RCMP, any mags that fit this pistol over 10 rounds must be prohibited.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by john442 View Post
    Curious too, since the rcmp cant make laws . What about the gsg 110 rnd drum mags for these, can I still sell them in the EE?...if I hypothetically had a few. :-)
    I think there's an EE sticky somewhere saying that these mags cannot be sold. Not sure if they can be if they are legally pinned.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...nd-in-capacity
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    This pistol accepts the same mags as the rifle. Therefore, say the RCMP, any mags that fit this pistol over 10 rounds must be prohibited.
    The SR 22 is not the pistol ! The Charger is .

Quote Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
    We already went through this with the Mossberg 715T .22 rifle.
    When I bought it, it came with a 25 round mag which I enjoyed very much thank you.
    Next thing you know Mossberg decides to make a pistol version taking the same mag.
    Original mag is now prohibited even though the pistol is not sold in Canada.
    Now I get to shoot with 10 round mags.
    The gun is much safer now fortunately!!!
    If you check it out carefully the magazine for the mossberg pistol and the magazine for the mossberg rifle are distinctly different. the pistol mag has a longer magazine extending up from the plastic housing and has a round protrusion at the top of the housing that the rifle mag doesn"t
    No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows. In no way can the success of evil be made more sure. -- Theodore Roosevelt

with the introduction of the new winchester wildcat semi auto that is compatable with Ruger 10/22 magazines are we gonna be sent to hell for using the butler creek mags even if there is no 10/22 rifle in your possesion

Quote Originally Posted by banditogold View Post
    with the introduction of the new winchester wildcat semi auto that is compatable with Ruger 10/22 magazines are we gonna be sent to hell for using the butler creek mags even if there is no 10/22 rifle in your possesion
    Never heard of the Winchester Wildcat, but that disassembly looks sweet, I wish the 10/22 could disassemble like that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    The SR 22 is not the pistol ! The Charger is .
    Then by definition CBSA let them inside our borders. They even have an inland enforcement department for illegal goods they missed at entry portal.
    Technically they were the ones that allowed these "over capacity" pistol mags into this country.
    We all know our gun parts sit forever inside a bonded warehouse awaiting clearance.
    If they followed thier own legal procedures A-Z these would have been seized at the border or there would have been a raid of some gun dealers and normal life would carry on as per usual.
    Last edited by Brutus; 05-20-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes because the magazine law is separate from the firearm law. Use doesn't matter you can't possess an over-capacity magazine as its a prohibited device.

TL;DR

Any 10/22 magazine that fits in a Ruger 10/22 charger pistol is limited to 10 rounds due to being considered "dual use" pistol magazine. So this encompasses the ruger BX15,BX25 magazines, the butler creek 25 rounders and anything that fits into a 10/22 "platform" and any "drum" magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by chillyrabbit View Post
    Yes because the magazine law is separate from the firearm law. Use doesn't matter you can't possess an over-capacity magazine as its a prohibited device.

TL;DR

Any 10/22 magazine that fits in a Ruger 10/22 charger pistol is limited to 10 rounds due to being considered "dual use" pistol magazine. So this encompasses the ruger BX15,BX25 magazines, the butler creek 25 rounders and anything that fits into a 10/22 "platform" and any "drum" magazine.
    its all very confusing as was probably the intention of the libranos because the SBI converter that allows the use of high cap. remington mags in the 10/22 is alledged to be RCMP approved . i would think that conversion unit will possably fit the charger as well

CGN frequent flyer
    its all very confusing as was probably the intention of the libranos because the SBI converter that allows the use of high cap. remington mags in the 10/22 is alledged to be RCMP approved . i would think that conversion unit will possably fit the charger as well
    The adapter unit doesn't matter because the remington 597 magazine is still a remington 597 rimfire rifle magazine and not an over-capacity 10+ 10/22 "pistol" magazine. Adapters aren't regulated under our current laws, just the cartridge holding device.

There is a reason why Spectre ballistics also sent out a PSA warning how you shouldn't glue your 597-10/22 magazine adapter to the 597 magazine as you may have possibly created a prohibited device. Because now the magazine may no longer be a 597 rimfire rifle magazine (thus not affected by the magazine capacity law) but a badly built 10/22 "pistol" magazine. If you can't fit that magazine into a remington 597 rifle anymore it can't be a remington 597 rifle magazine.

It's a long tedious Legal minute reading but suffice to say the SBI adapter is legal and its legal to possess Remington 597 rimfire rifle magazines holding more than 10+ shots, the same as how the TUF-22 rimfire rifle magazine can hold more than 10+ shots. Neither magazine is a 10/22 "pistol" magazine limited to 10.