Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing your CZ 858 Qwik ail Scope Mount... quick and easy!

Hey 9mmgunguy, I linked a youtube video of the way I removed my rear sight. it's not my video, just one I found.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKVSeT3oiY

Here is a pic of where the cases hit the rail, the silver dings. It hasn't changed the trajectory of them at all. They still fly high up and to the right. 100's of rounds through with this rail on and not one malfunction because of it.

And here is a pic of my red dot mounted. I have lifted the rail up to strip my rifle down for cleaning numerous times and the red dot has never shifted in zero.
    Last edited by coldsmoke308; 09-11-2016 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tenexx
    If you are looking for logic or reason regarding firearms classification in Canada then you would be better off beating your head off a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by coldsmoke308 View Post
    Hey 9mmgunguy, I linked a youtube video of the way I removed my rear sight. it's not my video, just one I found.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKVSeT3oiY
    Thanks. One of the first videos I watched and didn't want to make a custom tool. Tried with a screwdriver -- didn't work.

Finally got the rear sight off! I basically took a screwdriver-type awl pushed down the spring and tapped with a hammer while angling the awl handle toward the front of the gun.

Is there a trick to inserting the roll pin? My pin seems much too large to fit into the rear sight hole. Definitely can't be pushed in by hand as shown.
    Last edited by 9mmGunGuy; 09-11-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Mine was as well. All I did was pinch the pin closed a little bit on one end with sone pliers. I put that end in first then just tapped it in all the way. Super tight fit.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tenexx
    If you are looking for logic or reason regarding firearms classification in Canada then you would be better off beating your head off a brick wall.

Business Member Rep
    Supposed to be a tight fit as there is no other form of retention for that pin

Got the pin in as suggested, pinched one end a bit so it would at least fit in the hole.
    Then hammered it in and finished with a punch. All good now. Thanks everyone.

BTW, not sure if this is on everyone's CZ but there was a pin in the channel for the rear take-down pin that prevented the rear pin from being inserted.
    I just removed this vertical pin (see hole at the arrow) and everything worked well. Just didn't see that in your instructions.

Name:  img_1917.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  54.1 KB
    Last edited by 9mmGunGuy; 09-12-2016 at 06:33 AM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12