Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    I don't suppose anyone would know how many Chargers are actually in Canada? Must be at least 3 or 4...?
    Surprisingly I think the number is somewhere around 435?

There is a REASON why the memo back in 2013 only prohibited the BX magazine and, while I do think the whole mag limit thing is a bit silly for 22 lr, they were legally correct that the BX 25 is prohibited the way the law is written because it WAS designed for the rifle and charger and it says right on its packaging that it is for the rifle and the charger, so the argument is totally valid for the BX 25.

The other mags though, the BC ones were designed and made before the charger existed and the GSG drums don't even fit the charger properly and both of them say on them that they are designed for the RIFLE. That's why they didn't say they were prohib back in 2013.

I think this is the RCMPs way of bringing it into the public eye and unfortunately, I think that they are actually smart enough that they know this is going to end up as a court case and that they WANT to lose that court case.

Once they lose the court case, they will go whining to the Lieberals that the law isn't working "right" and that it needs to be altered, and then the Lieberals will likely make a total mess of the magazine capacity laws, probably removing the 22 lr exception for rifle mags and limiting them to 5 and also probably opening up a HUGE can of worms by saying that if it fits a rifle or pistol and works, then it is considered a magazine for a rifle or pistol and then all the handgun mags will wind up limited to 5 shots (Glock, Colt 45, etc.) because there are rifles that fit them.

The sad fact is, with the Lieberals in charge, they will use this to make changes to the laws to suit their agenda of disarming everyone completely and the BEST we can hope for is that the millenials will continue to wake up to the fact that the Lieberals are basically enslaving them to pay off the baby boomers for votes by racking up HUGE debt. The polls are showing a HUGE drop in support for the Lieberals in voters under 25 and those voters are the ones who really helped them get elected in the first place. Those voters will go back to voting NDP and split the left vote. If the right can get their crap together, they can win the next election. If the CPC is smart about it, they will go with Raitt and run their next election with the slogan "Because it's 2019!!" and steal the woman's vote away from Hairdoo-PM

I think we need to take a good look at the memo and what it says and figure out a strategy to deal with it without pushing their hand to change the law, if they open up the law and make changes, you can bet that we will all lose out big time.

I don't think the memo is a fake but I will check with a shooting buddy of mine who is RCMP and who has always been very helpful and we do each other favours. I'm going on Vacation today though so it might be a while before I see him to talk about it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Attachment 61243Attachment 61243"
    Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post

There is a REASON why the memo back in 2013 only prohibited the BX magazine and, while I do think the whole mag limit thing is a bit silly for 22 lr, they were legally correct that the BX 25 is prohibited the way the law is written because it WAS designed for the rifle and charger and it says right on its packaging that it is for the rifle and the charger, so the argument is totally valid for the BX 25.

The other mags though, the BC ones were designed and made before the charger existed and the GSG drums don't even fit the charger properly and both of them say on them that they are designed for the RIFLE. That's why they didn't say they were prohib back in 2013.

I think this is the RCMPs way of bringing it into the public eye and unfortunately, I think that they are actually smart enough that they know this is going to end up as a court case and that they WANT to lose that court case.

Once they lose the court case, they will go whining to the Lieberals that the law isn't working "right" and that it needs to be altered, and then the Lieberals will likely make a total mess of the magazine capacity laws, probably removing the 22 lr exception for rifle mags and limiting them to 5 and also probably opening up a HUGE can of worms by saying that if it fits a rifle or pistol and works, then it is considered a magazine for a rifle or pistol and then all the handgun mags will wind up limited to 5 shots (Glock, Colt 45, etc.) because there are rifles that fit them.

The sad fact is, with the Lieberals in charge, they will use this to make changes to the laws to suit their agenda of disarming everyone completely and the BEST we can hope for is that the millenials will continue to wake up to the fact that the Lieberals are basically enslaving them to pay off the baby boomers for votes by racking up HUGE debt. The polls are showing a HUGE drop in support for the Lieberals in voters under 25 and those voters are the ones who really helped them get elected in the first place. Those voters will go back to voting NDP and split the left vote. If the right can get their crap together, they can win the next election. If the CPC is smart about it, they will go with Raitt and run their next election with the slogan "Because it's 2019!!" and steal the woman's vote away from Hairdoo-PM

I think we need to take a good look at the memo and what it says and figure out a strategy to deal with it without pushing their hand to change the law, if they open up the law and make changes, you can bet that we will all lose out big time.

I don't think the memo is a fake but I will check with a shooting buddy of mine who is RCMP and who has always been very helpful and we do each other favours. I'm going on Vacation today though so it might be a while before I see him to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poffels View Post
    While this absurdity from the RCMP certainly needs to be addressed, what about this Charger "pistol"? A pistol refers to a handgun, which means, a firearm that's designed, altered or intended to be fired with the action of one hand. While it is possible to fire the Charger with one hand it is also possible to fire a 10/22 rifle with one hand, both of which seem very ineffective. I believe the Charger "pistol" is smart marketing of a cut down 10/22 by Ruger to increase sales. How many other handguns come with bipods? Take a look at reviews on Youtube and see how many people are shooting these with one hand, Hickok 45 refers to it as a little awkward to use. My point here is that this shouldn't even be classed as a handgun (hello Criminal Operations Branch Brainiacs) and therefore negates all this BS about Hi Capacity dangerous 22LR magazines.
    Your right about the Charger pistol. It is not a pistol, it is a Ruger 10/22. The ONLY reason why it should be restricted is because of it's overall length at 19.25". We can make a Charger pistol by removing the full size stock on an existing Ruger 10/22, put a pistol grip on it instead and replace the barrel with a shorter Ruger 10/22 factory barrel then call the CFO and register it under the restricted class.
    Last edited by windage; 07-24-2016 at 02:12 PM.

The second bullet point in that rather suspect looking memo seems to indicate they know it is complete BS, and that any judge with two functioning brain cells is going to toss the case, and likely not be happy about having his/her time wasted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    The second bullet point in that rather suspect looking memo seems to indicate they know it is complete BS, and that any judge with two functioning brain cells is going to toss the case, and likely not be happy about having his/her time wasted.
    What does RPG mean in that second bullet point?

(I'm pretty sure it's not rocket propelled grenade....although that would probably get you charged )
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    What does RPG mean in that second bullet point
    Reasonable and Probable Grounds.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Any one else think that this RCMP document looks bogus, faked by some clown on his printer, now to make it look legit, the use of black out on a couple of phone numbers and names. One of the numbers is to a support number, come on. If this thing is real why the black out and the information is very minimal at best, then talking about pinning, really, the letter is not even addressed to anyone. There is a lot of hook line and sinker going on here, just my two cents
    I work in "E" Div and I received this email a few days ago. I personally think it's crap and not right. That's all my sons and I love to do at the range or at the cabin. They are just starting to get into shooting and hunting. I do not know where this will go but I really hope this stops. There are a lot more important things to worry about in the world then 22lr mags.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. Nobody I know will stop using their high cap 10/22 mags, even if they do go officially prohib.

Cops out here couldn't catch a cold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Either way it is a smoozzle cooked up by the RCMP that are in charge of firearms control,,, and,,, if Raitt is the leader of the CPC I will not vote for her! Pretty much anyone else, Peter Mackay would work as the girls tend to go for guys more than females,, ( Turdo is a point in fact), and Peter has a brain, unlike Turdo or Raitt!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Will this ever end? The rifles should have a longer barrel, but its popular to have a shorter barrel I understand, im not a 10/22 fan but im of the opinion that we should be able to have and use any fire arms we want, but within reason, all in moderation
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol