Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    Thousands of these mags imported into the country and sold and now they mention they are illegal.
    A million, in the past 30 years, according to the distributor.

We shall get all together and sue them for having misled us all those years and now that we have invested all that $$$ they decide to enforce the law and make all of us criminals !
    WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW, RESISTANCE BECOMES DUTY - Thomas Jefferson -

CGN Regular
    The part that makes me mad about this isn't even the RCMP's BS. It's the owners of these mags lining up to buy rivets! Bah bah baaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Jesus. That's why the horse cops can get away with this garbage.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A quick note, I just left a local store, which is in 'E' Div, and they have not been informed by the BC CFO of any changes. So, if the RCMP is sending out "advice" to the police, but the CFO isn't sending out "advice" to the stores - who do you believe? I notice also that the advice to police is not to pursue this as a stand alone charge, why not? It is a prohib device, right? Mandatory minimum? What they're really saying is "for God's sake, don't make us try to defend this crap in court, tack it onto something with teeth so we can throw this one out as part of an attempt to get a better deal". I guess this is why civilized countries don't let the police make law.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Might as well make turbo chargers on vehicles illegal since many people have died as a result of being hit with a vehicle that had a turbo in it. The logic used to came up with this mag ban escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
    The logic used to came up with this mag ban escapes me.
    'Malum prohibitum' not 'malum in se'.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
    Might as well make turbo chargers on vehicles illegal since many people have died as a result of being hit with a vehicle that had a turbo in it. The logic used to came up with this mag ban escapes me.
    It's a disarmament agenda, plain & simple. Over time they will chip away at our freedoms & the next thing you know you'll turn around & no law abiding citizen will be in possession of firearms.

Sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's a disarmament agenda, plain & simple. Over time they will chip away at our freedoms & the next thing you know you'll turn around & no law abiding citizen will be in possession of firearms.

Sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Jay
    Very much agreed. The death of our "priviledge" by a 1000 cuts. Because what sheep needs a gun nowadays? Our massive bureaucracy will save you provided you keep paying your taxes...& some.
    "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance" -Hunter S. Thompson

Just checked Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted (SOR/98-462)

Were still good for at least another 2 weeks. That's how often they update the regulations. Those are official and usable in court. if anyone has an issue get your lawyer to sate time stamp the regulations. Funny how all rimfire cartridges do not apply. be curious if any case law surrounding rimfire mag limits exist.
    NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by radmacks View Post
    Just checked Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted (SOR/98-462)

Were still good for at least another 2 weeks. That's how often they update the regulations. Those are official and usable in court. if anyone has an issue get your lawyer to sate time stamp the regulations. Funny how all rimfire cartridges do not apply. be curious if any case law surrounding rimfire mag limits exist.
    There is no change to the regulation. No change by the RCMP (not that they could). No change by the Liberals. No change.

The RCMP is interpreting that Part 4, 3(1)(b) about handguns applies to these, and trumps 3(2)(a)(i) about rimfire.

Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted SOR/98-462
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../FullText.html