Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Yes they are trying to work that backstop storyline in there that this has been their position all along......
    Incredible.

I believe "Ignorance is no excuse" is a favourite among the boys in blue.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is the Charger even classified as a Restricted Handgun? Why not a Restricted rifle? The Kel-Tec PLR-16 is classified as a rifle but "marketed" as a pistol...

Could be maybe just have someone challenge the classification of the Charger?

I may be missing something obvious here though, probably something that I've just forgotten about in regards to classification "standards" (laugh).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Incredible.

I believe "Ignorance is no excuse" is a favourite among the boys in blue.
    yes it is , but it never, ever, EVER works the other way around when they screw up
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why is the Charger even classified as a Restricted Handgun? Why not a Restricted rifle? The Kel-Tec PLR-16 is classified as a rifle but "marketed" as a pistol...

Could be maybe just have someone challenge the classification of the Charger?

I may be missing something obvious here though, probably something that I've just forgotten about in regards to classification "standards" (laugh).
    Be carefull what you wish for! We must all keep the overall picture in mind and be carefull not to throw some gun owners under the bus in order to try and save others. We have center fire Handguns that fire "rifle caliber" shells that give us 10 rd mags for AR15 type rifles.
    We need to treat this whole issue like a game of chess and think each move through carefully as the current issue is only the opening move.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    If you are talking about my first post? Yes, you most welcome, please note I had an error which I only just corrected.

If you will pardon the pun, it certainly seems like "E" Division was jumping the gun. It would appear that no other RCMP Division have said anything, we as a buisness have received no notifications at all. All very suspicious, I think this was a set up to get a court ruling in order to set a precedent, a very dangerous move from our prospective .

Wait for it...

National Press – Manitoba

In a move that has stunned the legal world and confused motorists everywhere, the RCMP has classified cars as “deadly weapons”. RCMP officers from ‘D’ division in Winnipeg this past weekend charged a man with “Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose” (CCC sec 88.1). The “weapon” was his car. An anonymous source at the Superior Court in Winnipeg reports that the Mounties were forced to use the unusual tactic to arrest a local alleged drug lord they have been chasing for years. Undercover officers watched his driveway until he got into his car then pounced, making the arrest and laying the single, controversial charge. “They just couldn’t get him”, the unnamed court source told NP, “they were chasing him for years, but he was clever and never made mistakes. So they looked to their fellow officers out west in ‘E’ division and said ‘if they can bend the law, so can we”.

This is in reference to the recent memo out of RCMP ‘E’ division in BC where the Mounties, along with the national Firearms Program, arbitrarily banned a specific type of ammunition clip used in .22 caliber assault rifles. There is apparently no actual law to support the move, and as the clips are very popular, this has caused a stir in the shooting community, with some even going so far as to threatening to sign a petition. CSAAA has released a statement that advises their members to “sit quietly, do nothing and wait”, while advising retailers to give in to questionable directive and pull thousands of dollars of inventory off their shelves and sit on it.

The RCMP so far has no official comment, but an officer close to the investigation told NP “Sometimes we have to stretch the law a bit to get the job done, but it’s for a good reason. Our job is to protect the citizens of this country. The only people we're really affecting here are gun owners and everyone knows they don't count. Can you imagine what a terrorist might do with more than 10 rounds of .22 ammo? We must think of the children.”

The accused preliminary hearing is expected next month.

- NP Staff

This will get worse before it gets better.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 07-27-2016 at 12:08 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    what about Criminal Code Section 337 will this play into a member here that had his 10/22 mags taken?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Apparently there is another email that was sent to Chiefs across the country. In this memo it states these mags have been banned since 2008 and unscrupulous businessss have been importing them illigally ever since............

We really need to get our hands on that email! Freedom of information request anyone?
    If true, sounds like a pathetic, sleazy attempt at justifying another overzealous rcmp screw up.

BANNED
    Unscrupulous businesses, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Canadian Tire and all the rest.

Do they honestly believe the things they type ?

I guess CBSA, Canada post And the RCMP at the mail sorting stations are all complicit in allowing the goods into the country since 2008

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    First, thanks for your efforts here on all our behalves.

With that said, do you, or anyone else here, know if it has ever been considered, or even suggested, that they simply prohibit the use of these magazines in pistols? It seems like a (dare I say it...) logical approach to take. There are apparently over a million of these 25-round mags, (now add the 50 and 110 rd drums), owned by likely tens of thousands of licenced, law-abiding citizens. Instead criminalizing everyone overnight, or expecting them to go to the expense and hassle of pinning them, why not publish an OIC stating that; "the use of any "dual use" (as they call them...) mags with a capacity of more than 10 rounds in a pistol is prohibited." (and anyone caught violating this order will be shot and pissed on, jailed for life, yadda, yadda, yadda...)

There... problem solved.
    Which also ends the use of XCR mags in rifles, through the same logic.

Though it is indeed a sound argument - you cannot have it both ways, however.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Which also ends the use of XCR mags in rifles, through the same logic.

Though it is indeed a sound argument - you cannot have it both ways, however.
    Well they did say they were going to start looking into the "magazine issue" after Trudeau said he was going to undo what harper did...