Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

Thank you Wolverine, we appreciate your support. I will be looking at your site for my next purchase.

Thank you John

never mind...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Thank you

The RCMP and the Government need to focus on keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, those who intend on committing a criminal act, and those who shouldn't have them (people who are mentally ill or radicalized). The effort should be applied at addressing and dealing with those people opposed to effecting/impacting law abiding citizens and responsible gun owners. If a person uses a 30 round mag in a Charger pistol and gets caught - then LE can deal with that person. If a person wants to commit a criminal act they are going to find a way unfortunately... More people are killed with knives and cars then they ever will be by guns in Canada. I think there is a better way to make this work for public safety and we havent figured it out yet. I disagree that making AR15s and other rifles restricted prevents anything... And I disagree that having limits on magazines prevents anything. RCMP - Please tell me what you are preventing by forcing someone to only put a 10 round magazine in their 10/22 instead of a 30. Seriously. Change needs to be made in the involvement of the RCMP in the control of firearms in Canada.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kyledempsey1 View Post
    I went to canadiantire and bought 2 more myself lol
    I tried to get a couple today also . when the cashier rang them in they came up not to be sold , she called a manager over and he said he can't sell them and called down to sporting goods and told them to remove them from the cabinet .

You have earned my respect. I would like to see more retailers/importers make a stand like you guys have and hope it would rally all of their loyal customers and firearms community members to help brace the line you guys are drawing. I'm with you guys!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Well...

The patent filing date for the structure of the Butler Creek 25 round magazines for the 10/22 date back to 1977 (the publication date was Dec 5, 1978), so it's kind of hard to argue that this pattern of magazine is designed for the charger pistol or is a dual purpose magazine...
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

I wonder if Ontario has this new rcmp rule. Why do they even care so much about a ####ing 22lr? Don't they know the range on a 22lr is little more then a blow dart. Why come after a 22lr? I just don't understand the logic. I think it's just a way the break us. Most people have a 10/22

Where are all these 30, and 35 round mags people are talking about?