Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 48206 View Post
    As an rcmp officer in sask i can say nothing has been sent to us in "F" div about this. If this was a new "law" we would have gotten a canada wide broadcast which is fairly common to get regarding any new messages or policies etc etc.
    Ditto.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    BC is also unique in that it is Crown who approves charges. I believe all accross Canada the police approve charges. Unsure how this plays into things, but it probably does.
    New Brunswick also requires the Crown to approve the charge. Police investigate and then forward the file to the Crown with a recommendation.

Correction From the justice.gc.ca website

"Police lay charges in all provinces with the exception of British Columbia and Quebec, where the decision to lay charges is made by the Crown. In New Brunswick, the decision to lay charges is made by police after receiving advice from the Crown. (See also 2.11.5 Arrest and Charges)"
    Last edited by sailor723; 07-24-2016 at 05:54 AM.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Unfortunately, the gun community generally allows itself to be bullied. Whether it is at the club, local, provincial, federal, or international level, Canadian gun owners allow themselves to be bullied like serfs rather than working as an organized mass of concerned law-abiding citizens. At my gunclub of 1000 members, 4 bullies are dictating how things are done (illegal at that). How is that different with this situation? A Change in gunowners attitudes and will power will be needed before anything will change higher up. Look in the mirror and ask yourself which you will be today.

Thanks mr wolverine for stepping up the pressure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    The bigger problem is that not all gun owners seem to care. I mentioned this to a few owners that I know and they didn't seem to care. I suspect there are many more like this. The majority of Canadian gun owners don't know what's going on and most of the ones that do,don't give a rats azz. So the gun org have to find a way to let all or most gun owners know what's going on. And make it clear to them what's at risk. If the gov and the Antis use the media ,why can't the gun Orgs do so also.

If a lawsuit were launched now, I think it could get some much needed media attention .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    These memos are a trial balloon- that's why first in BC. The CFOs do the same thing. One by one they all fall in. They worked over Alberta already so the CO in BC must be a real diehard Liberal toady bucking for a promotion. No amount of bootlicking about manners here will matter.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

This thread is exayctly why i buy things i dont really need from Wolverine...I enjoy purchasing and supporting them...stand up gents...i fully support this fight, i have had a 10/22 since i was a little boy and the 25rd mag has been there right by her side for ages...doesnt get used much now, but i do believe it is time to come out and play. This hated broadcast by the RCMP has rekindled my love.
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    To put things into prespective, take "traffic cops" for instance, these are guys that drive their Corvettes, Mustangs, Porsches, etc. at posted speed limits wherever they are, regardless when off duty... they completely slow down the flow of traffic because of what it is they do for work.
    Not true at all....I've got a couple of buddies that happen to be RCMP, when out riding our sportbikes I guarantee you these guys are NOT slowing down the flow of traffic.

Good job to Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    This is the letter that I e-mailed today to my two local CPC MPs

Good day Gentlemen

Let me first of all give you some basic background.

The Ruger 10/22 is a semi auto non restricted rifle in caliber .22LR. This rifle is extremely popular in Canada, most rural households with firearms will have at least one. I believe these rifles have been available since the “seventies”.

As a semi auto rim fire rifle there are no magazine limits in law. Aftermarket 35 and 100 rd magazines have been freely sold for years, are extremely popular and legal to possess and use.

The Ruger 10/22 “Charger” is a short barrel version of the rifle and is classified as a Handgun due to the short barrel. This has been available since approx 2007, this firearm is not very popular and magazines made specifically for this firearm would be prohibited if they held more than ten rounds.

The “E” Division Broadcast below would have us believe that there has been some change in law to make all Ruger 10/22 magazines that hold more than 10 rounds prohibited because they will fit into a carbine. This is contrary to all previous RCMP communications concerning magazine capacity and the law.

My understanding is that Parliament is in summer recession and therefore is in no position to change the law or make new regulations so unless this “Broadcast” is based on a court decision it has no basis in law.

In my opinion the RCMP have changed their interpretation of existing regulations and are trying to intimidate Canadian citizens into believing this is law.

We operate Wolverine Supplies in the RCMP “D” Division area and we have heard nothing directly on this issue.

Please investigate this issue and advise so that we can continue to operate within the law.

Best Regards
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Thanks John. We should all do the same. I will be contacting my MP this week.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Strangely (or perhaps sadly), I don't see any mention of this issue on either the NFA or CCFR website.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Strangely (or perhaps sadly), I don't see any mention of this issue on either the NFA or CCFR website.
    no law changed , only fear mongering

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cycp-cpcj/bull-inti/index-eng.htm

"Bullying happens when there is an imbalance of power; where someone purposely and repeatedly says or does hurtful things to someone else. Bullying can occur one on one or in a group(s) of people. There are many different forms of bullying:"