Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

http://www.guns.com/2016/07/19/oh-ca...hibited-audio/

Call from the Canadian Firearms Centre Re: this issue..
    Maybe we should all call the technicians for clarification if our magazines are prohib.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OhCanada's Avatar
    Guys this goes back to 2013 from the RCMP:

"Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges." source RCMP #72

"Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)" source RCMP #72

See here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

So the RCMP seems to write and adjust the law whenever they want.

I will contact Butler Creek to see if their mags fit any other gun other than the 10/22.
    Last edited by OhCanada; 07-25-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    My favorite of Murphy's Laws - Whenever the S**T hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed!

The RCMP would have sent an OIC (Order In Council) to the minister of public safety (Mr. Goodale) The minister can sign the OIC and from my understanding the order becomes law. It has become impossible for Parliament to legislate directly and in detail to meet complex and varying problems, and more and more Acts are cast in general terms and empower the governor-in-council to make regulations to carry out the intent of the legislation. So my take is that with a stroke of the pen the minister CAN make this change himself with the assistance of the RCMP.
    In War: Resolution,
    In Defeat: Defiance,
    In Victory: Magnanimity
    In Peace: Good Will.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer069 View Post
    The RCMP would have sent an OIC (Order In Council) to the minister of public safety (Mr. Goodale) The minister can sign the OIC and from my understanding the order becomes law. It has become impossible for Parliament to legislate directly and in detail to meet complex and varying problems, and more and more Acts are cast in general terms and empower the governor-in-council to make regulations to carry out the intent of the legislation. So my take is that with a stroke of the pen the minister CAN make this change himself with the assistance of the RCMP.

No, the RCMP would not have sent an OIC to the Minister. OICs work the other way around - they originate at the cabinet level.
    Last edited by tiriaq; 07-25-2016 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post

I will contact Butler Creek to see if their mags fit any other gun other than the 10/22.
    It doesnt really matter if it fits anything else. It was designed and manufactured for the 10/22 rifle.
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

CGN Regular
    Some handgun magazines long guns, some long gun magazines fit handguns... Pfui.

We already have restrictions on misuse of firearms, real criminals will not be affected by newly discovered / invented / enforced restrictions on 10/22 magazines.

What we need are no restrictions on magazines, they mainly cause confusion, loopholes and false criminality.

Hey guys, I'm kind of a little behind here and have questions on the method of communications the RCMP uses. My assumption is, that when the magazine is declared prohibited that a Bulletin would be loaded onto the CFP's Web page. When I look now; June 15th, 2015 is the most recent Bulletin? I'm curious, do these legal changes get made and the owner is never notified?

Hey guys...Jordon mentioned he has a Remmington VTR not a 10/22.

As I read the regs, No limit for rimfire cartridges for a rifle.
    Last edited by 73582; 07-25-2016 at 12:14 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crocty View Post
    Hey guys, I'm kind of a little behind here and have questions on the method of communications the RCMP uses. My assumption is, that when the magazine is declared prohibited that a Bulletin would be loaded onto the CFP's Web page. When I look now; June 15th, 2015 is the most recent Bulletin? I'm curious, do these legal changes get made and the owner is never notified?
    It would appear nobody, except possibly some retailers have been notified. My friend only knew cause someone shared something about it on facebook...

Quote Originally Posted by 73582 View Post
    Hey guys...Jordon mentioned he has a Remmington VTR not a 10/22.

As I read the regs, No limit for rimfire cartridges
    This is correct. The cops confiscated perfectly legal magazines. It would seem the cop in question thought the memo said all magazines with a capacity greater than 10, not just all 10/22 mags.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I was just talking to a RCMP member from division B. He said if a memo or bullitin is released , it would be released to all divisions. He has received no bullitons or memos. As for calling the CFP , they're going to err on the side of caution and tell you they're pro hib, because they don't know the diff. I had a good chat last year with the CFO and the CFP, in my province. Regarding the 715 T 25 rnd mags. After a long discussion they both agreed tha these mags were not prohibited. So you do what's best for you, I'm comfortable using both the 1022 and the 715 ,25 rnd mags.