Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

This is the letter that I e-mailed today to my two local CPC MPs

Good day Gentlemen

Let me first of all give you some basic background.

The Ruger 10/22 is a semi auto non restricted rifle in caliber .22LR. This rifle is extremely popular in Canada, most rural households with firearms will have at least one. I believe these rifles have been available since the “seventies”.

As a semi auto rim fire rifle there are no magazine limits in law. Aftermarket 35 and 100 rd magazines have been freely sold for years, are extremely popular and legal to possess and use.

The Ruger 10/22 “Charger” is a short barrel version of the rifle and is classified as a Handgun due to the short barrel. This has been available since approx 2007, this firearm is not very popular and magazines made specifically for this firearm would be prohibited if they held more than ten rounds.

The “E” Division Broadcast below would have us believe that there has been some change in law to make all Ruger 10/22 magazines that hold more than 10 rounds prohibited because they will fit into a handgun namely the Ruger "Charger". This is contrary to all previous RCMP communications concerning magazine capacity and the law.

My understanding is that Parliament is in summer recession and therefore is in no position to change the law or make new regulations so unless this “Broadcast” is based on a court decision it has no basis in law.

In my opinion the RCMP have changed their interpretation of existing regulations and are trying to intimidate Canadian citizens into believing this is law.

We operate Wolverine Supplies in the RCMP “D” Division area and we have heard nothing directly on this issue.

Please investigate this issue and advise so that we can continue to operate within the law.

Best Regards
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 07-26-2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Used Carbine instead of Handgun.

CGN frequent flyer
    good on you john. Why not send it direct to the PMO's office? This would not have happened with the conservatives.

There was no legislation change. The RCMP is making crap up as they go and try to intimidate the public.

I say the RCMP should go suck a Costco size bag of d*cks.

Thank you guys for standing up against this.

As an rcmp officer in sask i can say nothing has been sent to us in "F" div about this. If this was a new "law" we would have gotten a canada wide broadcast which is fairly common to get regarding any new messages or policies etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 48206 View Post
    As an rcmp officer in sask i can say nothing has been sent to us in "F" div about this. If this was a new "law" we would have gotten a canada wide broadcast which is fairly common to get regarding any new messages or policies etc etc.
    Thank you sir, I will add this info to my letter to my MPs. This letter will also be going onto Face book.

Thanks Mr Wolverine!
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 48206 View Post
    Thank you for weighing in and giving us feedback from the front lines!

And please excuse the rude remarks directed at the RCMP in general. We gunnies get downright fur faced when the actions of a few bad apples result in negative comments about "gun owners" yet don't seem to have a problem slagging the whole thin blue (red?) line for things over which they have no control and may not even agree with!
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Lol, oh man, will the drama ever end?
    Please note the bottom line of my signature!
    Gun control must have failed in the UK.
    Why else would they try to ban kitchen knives?
    It's too bad you can't fix stupid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    What is this D E F division stuff?
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Support you all the way John , you are great asset and ambassador for us firearm owners. I mean that honestly , not kissing ass lol. The work you did getting those semi shotguns as NR and many other things in your time is awesome.
    Finally , one minor thing in the letter I noticed is shouldn't it be 25 and 100 mags not 35 and 100. As they seem to possibly be going after the 25'ers pretty hard. Cheers
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast