Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I might consider it, but I have very little faith in petitions. What disturbs me is the fact that our firearms community as a whole runs scared of authority, gun owners and dealers fail to understand our system or how the law works. If the CFO says jump everyone replies "How high?" instead of replying "Why?"

When it was rumoured that the CZ 858 was going to be made prohibited I had customers chop them up and then demand I compensate them?

Look at this current nonsense, all this panic because of a document from the RCMP which I suspect has no legal standing? If we allow ourselves to be bullied like this why bother with a petition, take the facts and go meet your MP, now if we all did that?

Currently I hear of dealers taking these mags off their shelves! Why? Did they ask to see any new regulation or OIC in writing? Why is the importer not bringing in more mags?

As for our shooting organisations? Words fail me! It makes me weep sometimes at the lack of education and unity amongst us all.
    This has been my experience over the years with firearms owners, clubs and business's, Thank you for standing up John, you have my full support. We need to be loud on this one, as many people as we can get to write in letters to mps and even the senate.

The lists of mp's and senators is posted in the firearms reclassification area.

Can anyone confirm that this has been sent to any other division?

Has this been given to the media yet?
    Donate to the orgs, CCFR, CSSA, NFA. Join the CPC. Fight the LPC at each turn. We must be united. Sign the petitions, call, email, mail the mp's, senators, mla's. Get the word out to friends, family anyone and everyone.

BANNED
    An easy fix would be...

If you own a Ruger Charger pistol (and I do not think they are very common up here)...and being restricted the RCMP know all who do...THEN if you own any 10/22 magazines over 10 rounds they must be pinned...send out a letter to those owners.

***OR***

STOP ASS-uming the legal gun owners who jumped through many hoops and pass daily background checks are all mass murders and cop killers!!! It is proven we are some of the best members of society, our likelihood of comminting ANY crimes are significantly less then the average Joe...

If you do not even own the pistol...how are you gonna use them in the pistol?! *sigh*

The things are bulky, ugly and lack iron sights...most people who own them in the USA do so for small game hunting/backpacking with a small red dot or scope on top...totally (sadly) illegal here with that anyways.
    Last edited by HK45auto; 07-24-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiet View Post
    as a retailer of this product, could wolverine contact the manufacturers and get them involved legally. They have deeper pockets and probably have legal counsel on payroll.

Rcmp pulls this crap because they know that the average owner has neither the means, nor inclination to fight. The manufacturers have a financial vested interest. This change is arbitrary at best. The rcmp will use our own tax dollars to fight us. We pay twice.

While this change by the rcmp holds no legal merit since they haven't actually changed the law (since they cannot), they would no doubt be called as expert witnesses who's opinion carries weight. Having said this, their change in opinion may indeed result in harassment of people in legal possession. There will be officers towing the company line that will do the bidding of their politically charged superiors.
    x2!!!

While this absurdity from the RCMP certainly needs to be addressed, what about this Charger "pistol"? A pistol refers to a handgun, which means, a firearm that's designed, altered or intended to be fired with the action of one hand. While it is possible to fire the Charger with one hand it is also possible to fire a 10/22 rifle with one hand, both of which seem very ineffective. I believe the Charger "pistol" is smart marketing of a cut down 10/22 by Ruger to increase sales. How many other handguns come with bipods? Take a look at reviews on Youtube and see how many people are shooting these with one hand, Hickok 45 refers to it as a little awkward to use. My point here is that this shouldn't even be classed as a handgun (hello Criminal Operations Branch Brainiacs) and therefore negates all this BS about Hi Capacity dangerous 22LR magazines.

I don't suppose anyone would know how many Chargers are actually in Canada? Must be at least 3 or 4...?

BANNED
    Any one else think that this RCMP document looks bogus, faked by some clown on his printer, now to make it look legit, the use of black out on a couple of phone numbers and names. One of the numbers is to a support number, come on. If this thing is real why the black out and the information is very minimal at best, then talking about pinning, really, the letter is not even addressed to anyone. There is a lot of hook line and sinker going on here, just my two cents

Calgary, AB - Home of the Southern Alberta Defence Force (SADF)
    Bravo, and thanks for sharing...much appreciated.
    "Let the shoosting begin!!!" - Goldmember - Circa 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I might consider it, but I have very little faith in petitions. What disturbs me is the fact that our firearms community as a whole runs scared of authority, gun owners and dealers fail to understand our system or how the law works. If the CFO says jump everyone replies "How high?" instead of replying "Why?"

When it was rumoured that the CZ 858 was going to be made prohibited I had customers chop them up and then demand I compensate them?

Look at this current nonsense, all this panic because of a document from the RCMP which I suspect has no legal standing? If we allow ourselves to be bullied like this why bother with a petition, take the facts and go meet your MP, now if we all did that?

Currently I hear of dealers taking these mags off their shelves! Why? Did they ask to see any new regulation or OIC in writing? Why is the importer not bringing in more mags?

As for our shooting organisations? Words fail me! It makes me weep sometimes at the lack of education and unity amongst us all.
    100% agree with you that's why I sent an email to the minister of public safety and to my MP and anyone who is complaining about this ordeal but doing nothing other then complaining might as well be on the RCMP's side.
    Eat, sleep, , reload.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    thanks from me. this is why i try and suport this company as much as i can
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

We need a leader to unite the gun community and I vote for John Hipwell !!! Thanks for all you do for us.