Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why the IDF Chose the TAVOR® Over the M4

SOLD. So when is the x95 arriving? (I know it's still in process......)

I would have bought one long ago if the accuracy claims were true; Canadian owners report very mediocre accuracy at best. No excuse for a modern (and expensive) rifle to shoot more than 2moa

Don,t worry boys , the (m16) AR15 will solider on well into the 21st century, and will not be replaced any time soon as the American Empire is now to destitute and brooke to replace it, along with there space shuttle, or continue its F22 air superior fighter. It's just a sign of the times, crazy!!!!! As crazy perhaps as a women or Donald Trump in the white house......

Did anyone ever even notice , stop to look or even care ? Or did the moment just simply come and pass them by, the day the bloom was off the rose, the day the American Emipre ceased it's glorious rise.......lol. just my thoughts rambling.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    I would have bought one long ago if the accuracy claims were true; Canadian owners report very mediocre accuracy at best. No excuse for a modern (and expensive) rifle to shoot more than 2moa
    Can't speak on the results others are getting but my experience with my Tavor is better than "mediocre". With my hand loads on a rest I am consistent 1.5 MOA. Even when having a bad day I'm pulling off 2 MOA. Not even a trigger pack installed. Just a 3x behind an EOTech and a lightning bow trigger. Have owned 6 AR15's over the years and not one of them shot any better.

Moe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar

Still though, the Tavor does have a great barrel length and you have to give Israel some credit for adopting something they make. Its nice when countries support R&D and manufacturing in their own country!
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bartledan's Avatar
    "Flick the mag release with your thumb"... uh, that's not really all that, well, possible, given the mag release is a trigger on the front of the mag. The mag release is my #1 beef with the Tavor.

Also, the Tavor is not a long stroke piston action, it is short stroke, as is the AK-47. The gas vents after the first inch or two of rearward bolt movement. The piston is rigidly attached to the bolt carrier, but that's not the same as "long stroke".

Quote Originally Posted by Bartledan View Post
    "Flick the mag release with your thumb"... uh, that's not really all that, well, possible, given the mag release is a trigger on the front of the mag. The mag release is my #1 beef with the Tavor.
    You can release the mag with the thumb on your trigger hand. You own your grip a bit and the knuckle of you thumb will hit it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareass View Post
    You can release the mag with the thumb on your trigger hand. You own your grip a bit and the knuckle of you thumb will hit it.
    Which confused the hell out of Lovie when she heard about that technique. While it can be done, it was not the intention of the design and certainly isn't an IDF technique.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Which confused the hell out of Lovie when she heard about that technique. While it can be done, it was not the intention of the design and certainly isn't an IDF technique.
    Not to mention it can begin to hurt after repeated use and is not as dependable properly stripping the mag
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    i remember watching a promo vid on youtube years ago with claims that it was as accurate as a sniper rifle.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast