Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Year of the magazine, RCMP Info sheet

CGN frequent flyer
    So, basically, everyone was able to use these mags for like 'ever', and no crime ANYWHERE in Canada were ever committed with this device, but then all of a sudden today these are dangerous to the public safety and need to be prohibited?
    Do I have that right?
    And then the RCMP wonders why no one trusts them, or respects them anymore. They need to immediately hire more officers to sit in those radar trap cars. That should solve some serious crimes.

This is getting out of hand. These RCMP seem to be doing what they want.

I wonder what brought this on.

CGN Regular
    so in writing my members and representatives i've received feed back that is VERY political in nature. it uses my miss understandings of the proper terms and practices of the workings in the federal government to dance around my written requests. now i know its up to me to educate on the processes of how something becomes law, but i don't feel like i'm an odd man out. i would cater a guess that one issue holding back some from writing the politically employed is that they to do not understand the processes or the actual terms for things like, the actual title for the firearms lab?

What i would like to request of the brotherhood of CGNers is maybe a list of items that have adopted nicknames or might not be common knowledge.
    for starters, what is the formal name of the firearms lab? who's in charge of policy? what actions, (or the title of their actions,) can i request my representative make?

and what leverage can i provoke? as in to say...
    "failure to address these concerns leaves me feeling like you maybe don't have the interest of Canadian in mind. therefor i will be acting on.....?"

I am asking for help.... pm if you could to help me save some dignity here, but i do want to write and stand behind a statement to this issue. i am just not 100% sure how to make it as effective as possible.
    I don't want to become an overnight criminal, but i do love shooting for sport, hunting, and the opportunity to take new non shooters to the range and teach them, I've only been involved for a year, so please, help.

Thank you to those who've taken actions thus far.
    G
    We just can't have nice things!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    Are the focusing on the ruger 10/22 mags themselves? Or all .22 mags over 10 rounds.
    Looks like just 10/22.... for now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think it is going to be more than the 10/22 . When I bought my S&W M&P 15-22 last year. I was actually called by the CFC and was told I could only use a 10 rd mag because there was a no longer in production pistol version. There are aftermarket mags available in Canada advertised for the rifle only that are larger in capacity. No doubt given their logic this too will be prohibited. I have a couple of FOI's submitted hoping to clarify this issue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by .22isGod View Post
    Color me uninformed, but what can the average person do about this? Do we throw some money at one of the firearms associations? Write some MPs? Sic some lawyers on the RCMP?

This flip-flopping on magazine regulations is ridiculous. First there's no concern over .22 lr magazine capacity, now all of a sudden the 10/22 is the worst thing ever.

It's probably too much to ask, but I just want some consistency.
    We throw money on the organizations because in the long run there is much more stuff coming our way, worse than this, and the better financed they are, the more noise they can make. They cannot alter the course of a determined Liberal government, but they can make them pay a higher political price, and maybe make them think.

I see this prohibition, and C223, as test balloons. The degree of noise and fight we put up will be measured, and a decision will be made about whether the next step should be pursued. Every battle should be fought as though we are at risk of losing the right to own anything other than single shot hunting rifles and shotguns. Because we are.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

When did the RCMP start making their own laws? Why do we let this happen..Cant wait to get rid of the Liberals!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer werewolf's Avatar
    Maybe the gun stores should quit selling anything to the r.c.'s both on and off duty till this is straightened out....To our satisfaction.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veygas View Post
    Isnt the key word "ORIGINALLY" designed for? If ruger states or someome has info that the rifle came first then the mag was ORIGINALLY designed for it. Same with Glock mags. I dont think anyone could argue Glock mags were originally designed for anything but the handgun.
    It's gone beyond keywords!!!!! This is the beginning of an all out assault on our property. They are changing what they want to get what they want and have the government and majority of the sheeple behind them.....till we all stand up and United this will not go away!!!!!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Quote Originally Posted by mistified View Post
    Looks like just 10/22.... for now
    and a few years ago the Mossberg 715T because of the 715P version.