Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: The Year of the magazine, RCMP Info sheet

I've just signed up with both CCFR and CSSA few minutes ago. I should have done so awhile back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    I disagree and think it is statements like those that have lead to many of our ridiculous gun laws. Think about what you are saying, really give it some thought.
    The mere notion that every calibre is equal in anything is ridiculous. This is what can lead to the most ridiculous gun laws, for example a restriction to 5 rounds of any calibre in any magazine.

If you want to argue that every calibre is the same, you're not gonna end up with unrestricted magazine capacity, you're gonna end up with very limited capacity on everything. I guarantee it.

Back when the long gun registry was being implemented someone said to me that I should not buy a gun that you could not hunt or compete in competition with. At the time, my response was "but, but what about the cool factor"!!!
    Many of the competition WIPL and bullseye shooters shoot a pistol platform that is capable of shooting 22 lr and a 32 S&W pistol caliber that would be a prohibited cal in any other pistol. But because in is used in Olympic type shooting it was exempted and preserved for competition. (feel free correct me if my details are incorrect, for the life of me I can't think of an example of a pistol manufacturer)
    The general public and the firearms community for that matter needs a story to relate to. The story at the time was our Olympians would not be able to train and compete.
    Right now the firearms community is the ugly kid on the play ground, and it is OK to pick on us even though it is ethically wrong to do so.
    We need a story why this is wrong and how it affects our community.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The mere notion that every calibre is equal in anything is ridiculous. This is what can lead to the most ridiculous gun laws, for example a restriction to 5 rounds of any calibre in any magazine.

If you want to argue that every calibre is the same, you're not gonna end up with unrestricted magazine capacity, you're gonna end up with very limited capacity on everything. I guarantee it.
    Thats not what i meant.

every gun can kill regardless of their calibers.

But when you are a daily paper killer it doesnt matters if you got a bolt action / semi / full auto gun.

Magazine size restriction doesnt have any purposes when shooting paper.

Criminals dont care about these restrictions.. and criminals dont use firearms to shoot paper.
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

"But when you are a daily paper killer it doesnt matters if you got a bolt action / semi / full auto gun"

"Magazine size restriction doesnt have any purposes when shooting paper"

My point exactly from my earlier post.... my 22 "speed steel " scores are going to suffer terribly, not only that I doubt I will be competitive if and when I go South to compete.... It's a travesty....
    And should be for everyone competing or thinking of competing in speed steel...
    Last edited by Jeeps; 07-28-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    We'll all spend a ton of cash on ammo... Now it's time to throw down to protect our hobby!

Here's the link to donate to the CSSA legal fund:

http://store.cssa-cila.org/cart.php?...ategory_id=253

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    This is getting out of hand. These RCMP seem to be doing what they want.

I wonder what brought this on.
    A majority liberal government brought this on.
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    Thats not what i meant.

every gun can kill regardless of their calibers.

But when you are a daily paper killer it doesnt matters if you got a bolt action / semi / full auto gun.

Magazine size restriction doesnt have any purposes when shooting paper.

Criminals dont care about these restrictions.. and criminals dont use firearms to shoot paper.
    All true. So what, you think restrictions on mags exists because of paper shooters? Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by hsnerd View Post
    Gentlemen, I am inserting below a direct copy/paste of the typed letter I sent today to: my MP, Ralph Goodale, and the Prime Minister. It's free folks, you don't even need the stamp...

The more we flood them with these types of letters and the more noise we make, the more we add to the odds of something reversing this ugly trend!

July 28, 2016
    Dear Member of Parliament:
    It has recently come to my attention that the RCMP is now criminalizing thousands of law-abiding Canadian citizens by declaring all 10+ round magazines for the Ruger 10/22 to be prohibited devices, despite these having been designed for a rifle, well before any pistol or handgun emerged that could use such a magazine.

To wit, the Canadian Firearms Program has recently sent a memorandum to various police departments nationwide stating that “All 22 Long Rifle calibre magazines for the 10/22 platform, regardless of brand, are prohibited devices at any capacity exceeding ten shots.”

The Ruger 10/22 is a rifle, not a handgun, and therefore should not have limits imposed upon magazine capacity, as per the regulation described in Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72: “Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity.”

Many of the 10+ round magazines for the 10/22 in circulation and still on store shelves had patents filed for them long before any manufactured pistol was able to accommodate those magazines. Further, the few handguns at stake able to use such magazines are already restricted firearms to begin with, while the 10/22 is an almost ubiquitous non-restricted firearm. There are less than 1,000 handguns in Canada able to use the 10/22 10+ round magazines while it is estimated that there are over 100,000 non-restricted Ruger 10/22 rifles in Canada.

When the RCMP and by extension the Canadian Firearms Program can arbitrarily declare thousands of law-abiding Canadian firearms owners as criminals with no oversight by our duly elected Parliamentarians we effectively have allowed this country to become a police state.

I urge you to reign in the RCMP and the Canadian Firearms Program, and provide some kind of proper firearms policy oversight from parliamentarians, else you will alienate the many thousands of law-abiding citizens who support peace, order, and good government and still enjoy sport shooting and hunting across this land while also contributing to local economies.

These activities are a part of our rich heritage, and should not be discarded for the sake of political expediency.

Can you confirm that our country is now becoming a police state with no regard for due process of law and that the RCMP and Canadian Firearms Program have permission to criminalize us without oversight by our elected parliamentarians?

I respectfully demand a response within the next 10 business days.

Signature
    Awesome, thanks! I will be using this template for my next batch of letters. The wife and I have sent off 2 batches of letters so far, and we are CSSA members.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    All true. So what, you think restrictions on mags exists because of paper shooters? Think again.
    No not because of paper..

Because they wish criminals would listen to what they want and that they would stop comiting crimes / killing people.

at the same time they are treating us like criminals 10/22 magazines or not. 5 or 10 rounds of beowulf mags or NOT. they dont want us to enjoy our sport / hobby / passion.

In fact they hate us.
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus