Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122

Thread: The Year of the magazine, RCMP Info sheet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner3 View Post
    Does this mean even that I hold a 12[5] that I still need to pin my mags . For what I understand the mags that hold over 10 is now classed prohibited
    Yes, magazines with a capacity over 5/10 are what are known as PROHIBITED DEVICES, and have another license which is impossible to get from the RCMP as a regular joe.

Firearms businesses and manufacturers are able to get Prohibited Devices, although generally it's for law enforcement purposes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    awesome how they "tergiversate" (to intentionally and deliberately withhold information [essential to the endeavor at hand, with the underlying purpose of misleading others by its omission]) section 3 (2) of part 4 says:

Paragraph (1)(a) does not include any cartridge magazine that

(a) was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that

(i) is chambered for, or designed to use, rimfire cartridges,

worse than politicians.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    My point is why are politicians more afraid of pot smokers than gun owners ?
    pot "dumbs you down" they aren't afraid of em they embrace them, the dumber you are the more likely you are to sit down down, fold over, and submit to whatever bull-crap they feed you.

My understanding was 12/5 was only for shorter then 105mm handguns, not magazine capacities?

Although I could be wrong and if so please excuse me, but having a prohibited license would not give someone the right to legally use prohibited magazines (excluding firearms business' etc. approved for that) if that is in fact your question?

Does this mean even that I hold a 12[5] that I still need to pin my mags . For what I understand the mags that hold over 10 is now classed prohibited

Finally if Gunrunner3 you're referring to the Ruger 10/22 magazine capacity regulation change of which this thread is about; then as far as I can tell (and Mr.Wolverine who is an expert on firearms subjects like these) this regulation change to the Ruger 10/22 rifles capacity limit is not yet legally changed (as Mr. Wolverine states in the beginning of this thread) in that my understanding is it's not officially on record as being correctly introduced into our Canadian federal firearms laws and regulations data base as of Friday July 29th, 2016.

I however am in no way an expert on this subject just a fellow firearms enthusiast trying to make sense of yet another example of our fine RCMP spending time and (our taxpayers) money on another firearms regulation that will do nothing to make our streets any safer, but will however make a bigger mess of our firearms laws/reg.'s... (along with making thousands of law abiding firearms owners criminals overnight).

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OhCanada's Avatar
    The RCMP knows the address of every PAL/RPAL holder but has yet failed to mail out a notice to each and every one of them. They should have to do this each time they "make a law", that should put a little dent in their budget.
    My favorite of Murphy's Laws - Whenever the S**T hits the fan, it's never evenly distributed!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    [non sequitor]

November 19, 2015

Joe Zasda's letter to MPs re "Year of the Magazine".
    http://dennisryoung.ca/wp-content/up...-Situation.pdf

As well, I have learned that Murray Smith (Manager, Specialized Firearms Support Services, Firearms Investigative and Enforcement Services Directorate, Canadian Firearms Program, RCMP) was heard referring to this as "The Year of the Magazine" at CANSEC just a few months ago. Allegedly this is a reference to an ongoing effort by the RCMP to limit LAR-15, Beowulf, and similar magazines' use.

Would like to thank everyone on their replays The gun that I have is a AK-47 in 22 long with a mag more than 10 rounds. When all this started years ago I have to take this gun to my chief firearms officer to have it inspected even with the mag it was cleared by the RCMP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Would like to thank everyone on their replays The gun that I have is a AK-47 in 22 long with a mag more than 10 rounds. When all this started years ago I have to take this gun to my chief firearms officer to have it inspected even with the mag it was cleared by the RCMP
    What Year and Month did the firearms officer look at it?

- Before 2008
    - 2008-2013
    - after 2013-09 (i.e. after Bulletin 72)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WhOiS View Post
    I hope you are right but in fact.

Quebec have vote to registry , Ontario will have one shortly, and many will follow. You already know why they do it !
    unfortunately for them is the fact that 95% of firearms will remain UNREGISTERED no matter what registry they come up with,,and a provincial registry isn't worth the paper it's printed on,i know many Quebec resident who will be in possession of BORROWED firearms,no law against THAT,,

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    Tell that to the tens of thousands that lost property when the FA Act and classification came into force. Classification, not registration, is the battle we all collectively face.
    that was THEN,this is NOW,a whole different world today.and firearms owners know full well what the intent is,i can tell you,when the first registry came around,,they thought they would scare gun owners into compliance with threats of jail time,no matter what they threatened,nothing worked,the RCMP where furious at the level of non compliance,and after year after year of them extending their amnesty period,no more than 15% of firearms known to have been in the country were ever registered,LOL..no matter the threats,gun owners even back then knew what to do to keep their property,very easily confirmed by the amount of hidden prohibited gun and machine guns found today that have been hidden by owners for 30 years,so in the world of today,and the easy information age,i doubt they would even get to 15%,so that leaves a whole lot of guns out there they dont know who owns them or where they are,so where is the increase in public safety to come from a registry,,